Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Essential Texts/Articles/Videos on Mindset and Gunfighting

I may have missed it but I'll put in "Fighting Smarter" by Tom Givens

Any opinions on stuff by Kelly McCann?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I may have missed it but I'll put in "Fighting Smarter" by Tom Givens

Any opinions on stuff by Kelly McCann?
    I have no idea on anything recent from McCann, but his older stuff I've seen/read was pretty legit for the time. His mindset stuff seemed on point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We finally got our company off the ground, and are considering offering our Mindset class as a stand alone class if there is interest. Likely to be held in NOVA. Would be along the same lines as the Intro to Mindset I offered during the TLG Memorial Match.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    We finally got our company off the ground, and are considering offering our Mindset class as a stand alone class if there is interest. Likely to be held in NOVA. Would be along the same lines as the Intro to Mindset I offered during the TLG Memorial Match.
    Do you guys have a website up and running yet?

I’m not convinced I want one....... we talked about this extensively, but because this is not a for profit enterprise, and we will be very selective as to who we will take as clients, we decided that at least for the time being, less is more.

Offering a “Mindset” course will be tertiary to the other services we provide.

Odds are that we would not charge a tuition fee, as we don’t accept payment for our other work, so probably make it a donation only type event.

Given that we do restrict who we accept as clients, in addition to limiting the numbers, a website doesn’t make a lot of sense right now.

We also have finite time that we will be doing this. Right now we’re planning on evaluating if we will continue services at the five year mark, with terminating operations being likely at that point.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 07-30-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I'm curious: are you preparing for urban warfare?

There is only one book you'll need if your goal is surviving an encounter with a banger or bangers who want you reduced to evidence of murder autopsied the following morning, this one: https://secure.calibrepress.com/shop...e-order-today/

The only known way of surviving a gunfight is to not get in one. If Rule One of Gun Fighting ain't an option, Rule Two becomes dominant: don't get shot. If Rule Two prevails, the rest of the rules are immaterial.
    I think The Gift of Fear by Gavin Debecker is also worth the read. (JMO) as a society we're taught to ignore the warning signs in the interest of being "polite". There's a young lady that my wife and I have been friends with for a couple of years. She has a barky, little dog that acts meaner than hell and I routinely tell her that if some random person should ever approach her and ask if the dog bites (he doesn't) she (and especially her 14 year old daughter) should say "my dog is meaner than Hell and he'll take your leg off."

She doesn't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I have no idea on anything recent from McCann, but his older stuff I've seen/read was pretty legit for the time. His mindset stuff seemed on point.
    I like McCann’s stuff. #wouldtrainanddrinkbeerwith

Mindset! The study of which does not have to be all grim.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Not quite “self-protection” but very interesting and relevant:

The Unthinkable by Amanda Ripley

Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales

(Gift of Fear has been mentioned many time. I’ll echo that it’s essential reading)

User Tag List