Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Essential Texts/Articles/Videos on Mindset and Gunfighting

Site Supporter
    Here's a link to a thread in which a book relevant to your topic has been discussed:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....written-a-book

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    You might want to check out Paul Howe's Combat Mindset video. Paul's thoughts on the topic in his own words.

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. Clark View Post
    If I may ask, why are you not interested in Grossman or military doctrine when it comes to personal security?
    There's a long list of grievances with Grossman. Here's a primer and a thread on the subject.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Concur on Grossman- he came to speak to my Infantry battalion before deployment to Iraq. He knows zero “on killing” and was very boring.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Concur on Grossman- he came to speak to my Infantry battalion before deployment to Iraq. He knows zero “on killing” and was very boring.
    I got halfway through one of his books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Every single lecture given to cops by Grossman I would substitute Jeff Hall’s “Finish the Fight” presentation, and I highly recommend William April as well.
    This. Jeff Hall was in my area a couple weeks ago teaching his three day pistol class. I wasn’t able to go but he also put on the Finish the Fight presentation one evening. I was able to catch that and it was excellent

Starship Troopers

Gates of Fire

Kiss or Kill

Pretty much anything by Heinlein
    "When the hour of crisis comes, remember that 40 selected men can shake the world." -- Yasotay

Tom used to play this during his classes, I always thought it was a solid mindset video.

Last edited by Bratch; 07-28-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Pretty much all of Paul Gomez's videos.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Officer Down, Code 3 by Pierce Brooks
    I have a signed copy of that book floating around. I went to a presentation he gave at a local college when I was in high school. He was a very knowledgeable guy.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List