Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pact Club Timer III shit the bed, repair or get another brand?

Quote Originally Posted by alexmg View Post
    As a matter of fact, something new with very impressive specs that exceed same class devices is going to hit the market very soon, some specimens already in circulation at few clubs, be on lookout next couple months. Once I get more info to share, will be happy to report in here.
    Please keep us updated. I'm needing something new also.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Please keep us updated. I'm needing something new also.
    Absolutely, today I took a quick video demonstrating it in use at the bench. Will be happy to share more when I have my hands on more footage. And once I have more data about product name, final looks and release dates, I will post it as well.

Color me intrigued.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Looks promising. I hope the UI and build quality are solid.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Kicking this back up because I'm in the market for a shot timer now too. I've seen a lot of Pocket Pro IIs floating around lately, but I'm always open to something else.

Any news on whatever that prototype shot timer is? Guessing it's a new CED model.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Shot timers ALL SUCK. They are all based on 1980's tech, and whoever engineered them don't seem to have been serious shooters. I find the PACT to be the least retarded of the options, but it's still a PoS.

I really wish someone would develop a good shot timer with these features:
    -Waterproof
    -Good belt attachment options--modular (e.g. Tec-lok)
    -Large buttons that work, and have tactile feedback (e.g. like on a quality handheld 2-way radio)
    -Display that is readable in bright sunlight, while wearing sunglasses, and without reading glasses (for those of us with less-than-perfect vision)
    -Multiple user-programmable modes that are easy to switch between (e.g. par times, delays, etc.)
    -Accurate to 0.01s, with par times down to 0.10s
    -Adjustable beep duration and loudness
    -User tunable filtering to screen out background noise or to time .22 rifle shooters
    -Storage for 100+ runs
    -Bluetooth interface to iPhone and Android app
    -Firmware updatable

I would pay $250 or $300 for a timer like that.
    This x 1000.

Shot timers are all POS. It's 2018 and competitive shooters all the way up to national champions are stuck using technology that was made when Ronald Reagan was still in office. There is a new iPhone/Samsung rolled out every 20 days it seems, but shooters are still using the same relatively featureless timers. I had high hopes for the Shotmaxx, but it's not very user friendly *IMHO*. It sounds really dumb, but I'd pay up to $500 for a shot timer that is durable, updatable, and has the other qualities you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Kicking this back up because I'm in the market for a shot timer now too. I've seen a lot of Pocket Pro IIs floating around lately, but I'm always open to something else.

Any news on whatever that prototype shot timer is? Guessing it's a new CED model.
    The timer you see in the videos above is not affiliated with CED or any other that are currently sold in any way, it is designed and manufactured from ground up in USA from quality components. The official pre-release will be in a matter of a week or so, with the name of the product, shipping dates, price, etc. I have an upgraded prototype since last time I posted a test video here I will record a video tonight from home to glimpse at the menus etc, stay tuned my friends.

More tests

Hi All, so I managed to record few flicks, excuse the crudity as it was shot with simple phone camera setup.
    I just fired it up and demonstrated how menus work, totally simple, everything can be done single handed and easy to use. I also wanted to demonstrate its ability to display 3 strings simultaneously, this feature is something that never existed on other timers, so if you for example shooting your favorite drill such as Bill Drill for example you can compare few runs side by side, in the video I simulated 3 strings and then you can see them side by side with shot numbers at the top.
    I also wanted to show couple holder options, main holder is compatible with Tek-Lok system and its mounting hole pattern can allow other belt clips, there is also a rotating belt clip and timer's form factor allows to use any other after market pouches, for example in the end of the video you can see that it fits into Motorola radio pouch as well.

Put me down for one - unless they're priced like a new iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Put me down for one - unless they're priced like a new iPhone!
    I’m going to have to go with this, myself. The minute you’re free to post details, please do.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List