Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pact Club Timer III shit the bed, repair or get another brand?

Quote Originally Posted by alexmg View Post
    As a matter of fact, something new with very impressive specs that exceed same class devices is going to hit the market very soon, some specimens already in circulation at few clubs, be on lookout next couple months. Once I get more info to share, will be happy to report in here.
    I look forward to this. I've been threatening to design one myself once I get done with the degree I'm working on, but I never planned to actually market the thing because running my own small business is probably more than I'm up for. That said, if someone else already has the better mousetrap ready to go, I'd scrap my plan and buy theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My Pocket Pro II has been relatively durable but I am a far lower volume shooter than a lot of people here, especially these days. I still bought it from Brownell's for this exact reason.

Same for me. It's worked great, but I'm the only one using it. Other than putting a piece of cardboard to wedge the battery in, it's been fine with me running around during courses. I've even found a way to drop it a few times. Yes, a better belt attachment would be great. To be fair I do hang it on my pocket and not my belt. So perhaps the dropping is operator error. LOL.

As for club use, it's a bit of both. Cheap plastic crap and massive use. They need a high end one for club use. But for this old fart Pocket Pro II is just fine.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My Pocket Pro II has been relatively durable but I am a far lower volume shooter than a lot of people here, especially these days. I still bought it from Brownell's for this exact reason.

I will add I killed a Pocket Pro II by letting it get drenched in bug repellent in my range bag and they fixed it for a very reasonable sum ($30 ?) - if you kill one and they cant fix it they will sell you another at a significant discount.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-29-2018 at 08:32 PM.

I've been using a shot timer app on my phone called "Splits" for a few months. It's free, works great. Lot of features.

Anybody else use something comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Looking forward to learning more about this new item.
    I will try to bring a sneak peek from the field next week to show new timer in action, so far here is the leaked specs list:

1. Largest digits to display shot time.
    2. Presets
    3. Digitally adjustable sensitivity all the way down to dry fire (both striker and hammer).
    4. Adjustable beep volume
    5. Multi Par.
    6. Instant or delayed start (fixed, random, or combination)
    7. Ability to view few recent strings simultaneously so you can compare your runs side-by-side.
    8. Regular AAA batteries
    9. Longest battery life
    10. Durable
    11. Compact (2x3.8x0.8")
    12. Straight forward, easy to understand menus and ergonomics (one hand operation if necessary)

And more.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I've been using a shot timer app on my phone called "Splits" for a few months. It's free, works great. Lot of features.

I've done enough damage to my timers not to want to expose a relatively fragile and expensive phone to the same conditions.

(I do have a timer app on my phone I've used in dry fire to give me PAR beeps and range commands. I should probably start using it again, it's been ages.)

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post

I can't find it in the Apple store.

New Timer

First field video, this time of random durability test that I did during prototype testing, apparently this was not its first "flight" and certainly not the last one that day . If it survived this, - then it can definitely withstand accidental drop during normal use.

It's in the google play store.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmg View Post
    First field video, this time of random durability test that I did during prototype testing, apparently this was not its first "flight" and certainly not the last one that day . If it survived this, - then it can definitely withstand accidental drop during normal use.
    My PACT TIMER shit the bed this week as well. Got a POCKET PRO via Amazon same day delivery. Probably should have gotten from Brownell's since that is an excellent backup plan.

Looking forward to trying out this new device as it's billed @alexmg thanks for sharing.

User Tag List