Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pact Club Timer III shit the bed, repair or get another brand?

My Pact Club Timer III shit the bed, repair or get another brand?

My PACT Club TImer III lasted about 6 years and stopped working today at the range. Sensor no longer picks up any shots, but par time function still works.

PACT offers a repair service for $20, or I was thinking about trying out a new brand. Opinions? I generally liked the PACT timer for its simplicity as I could clip it to my pants pocket and run both shot timer mode and par time mode easily with a single hand.

Site Supporter
    Why are they so failure prone?

Chris

Shot timers ALL SUCK. They are all based on 1980's tech, and whoever engineered them don't seem to have been serious shooters. I find the PACT to be the least retarded of the options, but it's still a PoS.

I really wish someone would develop a good shot timer with these features:
    -Waterproof
    -Good belt attachment options--modular (e.g. Tec-lok)
    -Large buttons that work, and have tactile feedback (e.g. like on a quality handheld 2-way radio)
    -Display that is readable in bright sunlight, while wearing sunglasses, and without reading glasses (for those of us with less-than-perfect vision)
    -Multiple user-programmable modes that are easy to switch between (e.g. par times, delays, etc.)
    -Accurate to 0.01s, with par times down to 0.10s
    -Adjustable beep duration and loudness
    -User tunable filtering to screen out background noise or to time .22 rifle shooters
    -Storage for 100+ runs
    -Bluetooth interface to iPhone and Android app
    -Firmware updatable

I would pay $250 or $300 for a timer like that.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-20-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

They're all flimsy garbage, listen to Tom.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    My only suggestion is that if you buy a new one, get it from Brownells so that they'll send you a new one as part of their forever guarantee when it inevitably breaks.
    My Pocket Pro II has been relatively durable but I am a far lower volume shooter than a lot of people here, especially these days. I still bought it from Brownell's for this exact reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Shot timers ALL SUCK. They are all based on 1980's tech, and whoever engineered them don't seem to have been serious shooters. I find the PACT to be the least retarded of the options, but it's still a PoS.

I really wish someone would develop a good shot timer with these features:
    -Waterproof
    -Good belt attachment options--modular (e.g. Tec-lok)
    -Large buttons that work, and have tactile feedback (e.g. like on a quality handheld 2-way radio)
    -Display that is readable in bright sunlight, while wearing sunglasses, and without reading glasses (for those of us with less-than-perfect vision)
    -Multiple user-programmable modes that are easy to switch between (e.g. par times, delays, etc.)
    -Accurate to 0.01s, with par times down to 0.10s
    -Adjustable beep duration and loudness
    -User tunable filtering to screen out background noise or to time .22 rifle shooters
    -Storage for 100+ runs
    -Bluetooth interface to iPhone and Android app
    -Firmware updatable

I would pay $250 or $300 for a timer like that.
    I get that there would be some initial cost into the R&D, perhaps substantial cost. I'm just imagining how many clubs and individuals would also be on board for a timer like that. The electronics and coding on a timer are very simple, and there are plenty of options of ruggedized electronics that you could mimic. I'm sure somebody has to be working on something like that right now. I broke two ced7ks before I tried the pocket pro 2 and broke that too, but figured how how to fix it and that's what I'm still using. Hopefully a new option comes out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    My Pocket Pro II has been relatively durable but I am a far lower volume shooter than a lot of people here, especially these days. I still bought it from Brownell's for this exact reason.
    Me too.

Or me three, not sure. But I did listen to Tom on this one.

I ordered a pocket pro 2. Let's see how this works out. I like the fact it has an adjustable volume for indoor dry firing

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I get that there would be some initial cost into the R&D, perhaps substantial cost. I'm just imagining how many clubs and individuals would also be on board for a timer like that. The electronics and coding on a timer are very simple, and there are plenty of options of ruggedized electronics that you could mimic. I'm sure somebody has to be working on something like that right now. I broke two ced7ks before I tried the pocket pro 2 and broke that too, but figured how how to fix it and that's what I'm still using. Hopefully a new option comes out soon.
    As a matter of fact, something new with very impressive specs that exceed same class devices is going to hit the market very soon, some specimens already in circulation at few clubs, be on lookout next couple months. Once I get more info to share, will be happy to report in here.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmg View Post
    As a matter of fact, something new with very impressive specs that exceed same class devices is going to hit the market very soon, some specimens already in circulation at few clubs, be on lookout next couple months. Once I get more info to share, will be happy to report in here.
    Looking forward to learning more about this new item.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List