Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pact Club Timer III shit the bed, repair or get another brand?

I'll give one a whirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Not trying to jinx it or anything, but I can't see them doing a group-buy on PF since people here are already interested (and I've already allowed them to "advertise" for free). The last thing a new company (or existing company with a new product) needs to do is sell products at a discount that people are willing to pay full price for just because they want to be a good guy (ask me how I know). I'm also sure there are some that are unwilling to buy a new product unless they get it at a discount (again, ask me how I know).
    Hi All I'm back with some info, and a comment to what Tom_Jones just said there above.

First the comment: After pondering this idea for awhile, I do agree with Tom, it is hard to picture a clear plan how that should happen not so much because people already want to buy product even without group buy initiative, but more because if group buy will exist as planned, is will really be tailored more for the clubs because product will be missing a retail packaging and a holder (because clubs don't use those things anyways), and while it may have a volume discount, it also gets shipped into one place, applying creating club package for group of individuals like us here will be a bit a logistical challenge of not a logistical catastrophe.
    I encourage everyone interested from this thread to simply go ahead and proceed with their pre-order when pre-orders start and reserve your spot at the front of production batch, there are already some pre-orders to fullfill accumulated during prototype testing over the course of 2018, so first batch will fly off shelves like hot pretzels, we will keep price equal to everyone so that there are no special nor under-special customers, everyone deserve same level of service, however I will personally make sure that all of those who entrusted their interest into this shot timer this far, get little something special in the package once you receive yours. What say you?

Now the info: The website is live at https://www.amg-lab.com/ it meant to be simple with no fuss no muss. If you see something a bit buggy, perhaps let me know? Imagery will get updated over the course of a week, some more text and videos will be added slowly, some social apps links will be added as well, simple pictures were chosen, simple words were spoken there. There still a lot of work to be done website-wise but we need to start somewhere.
    Will be couple more days before money can be taken from you to secure your order (due to some secure payment system setup still undergoing construction) please use subscribe field at the bottom to get into the system early. If you still on the fence, I encourage you still go subscribe at least to indicate an interest.

And now the good gooood stuff, on top of all cool things about this product that I already mentioned previously, it also going to be BlueTooth enabled, app is already in dev., I have a working prototype in my hands, so what you will get should include a free bonus in form if BlueTooth module for which some apps are currently being developed.
    Last edited by alexmg; 10-05-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Excellent, signed up for the email newsletter so I can get a preorder in ASAP.

This looks to be thought out so well. Can’t wait to get my hands in one.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmg View Post
    ...The website is live at https://www.amg-lab.com/ it meant to be simple with no fuss no muss. If you see something a bit buggy, perhaps let me know?

...And now the good gooood stuff, on top of all cool things about this product that I already mentioned previously, it also going to be BlueTooth enabled, app is already in dev., I have a working prototype in my hands, so what you will get should include a free bonus in form if BlueTooth module for which some apps are currently being developed.
    This looks really good. Bluetooth with an app is a great addition. I will be buying one.

Good call on having the testing done at Hooters.

https://www.amg-lab.com
    "For over a year every aspect of design was tested extensively in the field by differents hooters, at different ranges, with different guns, different ammo, at types of matches"
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-06-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Alexmg looking forward to being able to order one of these. Put in my email.

When do you expect to accept more orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
    Alexmg looking forward to being able to order one of these. Put in my email.

When do you expect to accept more orders?
    The pre-orders not started yet, the money processing part (CCs, Paypal, etc) of website is still being setup, maybe couple more days to finish up setup so by subscribing to email list you will get first hand informed when pre-orders start. Still targeting to start shipping at the end of October, I will keep updates on process.

Subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Not trying to jinx it or anything, but I can't see them doing a group-buy on PF since people here are already interested (and I've already allowed them to "advertise" for free). The last thing a new company (or existing company with a new product) needs to do is sell products at a discount that people are willing to pay full price for just because they want to be a good guy (ask me how I know). I'm also sure there are some that are unwilling to buy a new product unless they get it at a discount (again, ask me how I know).
    I’m in at a buck fiddy.

Seems like a very well designed product.

On a side note, I just noticed that the most recent MantisX update added a "Shot Timer" function as well as Cadence settings for 5 round strings at 0.5s, 1.0s, and 2.0s intervals. I haven't played with these in dry or live fire yet, but the shot timer function seems to have a random delay before the beep, usually in the neighborhood of about 6-8 seconds after you tell it to start.

While I don't think it's likely to be a good replacement for a quality shot timer, I think it's a great added function to the MantisX system, since it clearly had the functionality prior and just lacked the software support to act as a shot timer. I'd go so far as to say it may be one of if not the best options for shot timer use at a public indoor range since the MantisX is operating off of an accelerometer rather than "listening" for the shot, meaning noise pollution is a non-factor.

User Tag List