American Gangster anyone?

Bad Boys
    Bad Boys 2
    Blue Streak
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    American Gangster anyone?
    Good movie, and it has cops in it, but once agin more gangster movie than “cop” movie.

Clockers. I watch it every time it comes on.
    Inside Man. Those two movies are spike lee films that don’t feel like spike lee films. I enjoy them both.

Rush as mentioned earlier is very under rated.

Heat, Dirty Harry, The Enforcer, all were great.

For TV, it’s the Wire. The best depiction of politics inside the department and in the city. Most don’t realize police work has SO much political influence dumped onto it. And yes, management can and will shit on you for doing your job. Ask me how I Know.

Not quite a “cop” movie, but I enjoy Presumed Innocent with Harrison Ford.

Seven, while not realistic, is very well done.

The Town, Fargo, Die Hard, Mystik River, Ft Apache the Bronx, Street Kings, The Usual Suspects, Year of The Dragon, State of Grace.... none very realistic, some more gangster than cop films, but all entertaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Many that have already been mentioned, Dirty Harry, Bullitt, Heat, Departed.

Another I always liked, No Country For Old Men.
    Polite Professional

LA Confidential
    HEAT
    Hell Or High Water
    Sicario
    Insomnia-Honrable Mention
    Rush - Honorable Mention
    Extreme Prejudice - Guilty Pleasure

TV Likes

Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone Movies - Because Tom Selleck
    Blue Bloods - Because Tom Selleck and the Wahlberg who isn't a convicted felon
    The Shield - Because it was something new and different
    NYPD Blue - Because we all solve homicides in 43 minutes

TV Favorites

LONGMIRE!
    JUSTIFIED
    NCIS - Because LeRoy Jethro Gibbs

For Old Farts

Cade's County
    Last edited by Kan S LaTrans; 07-23-2018 at 08:29 AM.
    When everyone around you is running, screaming, and losing their minds...look for the quiet old gray haired cop because he's about to kick down some doors and sort some unruly bastards out.

Movies: Heat, Colors, End of Watch, Street Kings
    Movies about cop characters that aren't to be taken seriously as "Cop Movies": Die Hard, Beverly Hills Cop, Bad Boys 1 and 2, Lethal Weapon
    TV: The Wire, Southland, True Detective Season 1, Justified

Sounds like I really need to watch LA Confidential. It's on Netflix now. I'll have to check it out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    New Centurions had a big impact on me as I kid. Any romantic notions I had about police work died with George C. Scott suck starting his Model 10.

I am waiting impatiently for the next season of Bosch. What Bosch and New Centurions have in common is that they're both gritty and take place in the Los Angeles I knew.
    New Centurions was a Wambaugh work, was it not?

If we're considering comedy/parody, this scene has to be one the most hilarious:

I gotta throw in with the Heat posters. I had forgotten about that movie. It was excellent.

Serpico was good, too

User Tag List