Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Germany: Mass stabbing on bus

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Some folks from the culinary program at the tech school I attended were loading up to head to Germany this morning. Wonder if they’re reconsidering.
    For all we know, the perpetrator in this case is a culinary nut with a grudge. Expect waiting periods on knife sales moving forward in Deutschland.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I and my wife love to travel, as do our daughters. I rely on the State Department travel map for safety advisories. For example, I will travel most anywhere in Europe, Morocco, etc., but will not go to Mexico.

I also take personal safety seriously, and so does my family. I've had dangerous encounters in the US and abroad (e.g. knife attack in Paris), but refuse to let that keep me from traveling. There are just too many incredible things in the world to see, eat, and drink. So I train hard and will be as prepared as I can for whatever happens.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-20-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Oh I know it’s a statistical anomaly and can happen anywhere. My point was just the timing of it relative to the trip the students are taking might give some pause.
    I was born there. Lived there as a child/teen and traveled back every other year until 2012

As much I love the land - the country is basically a total shit hole at this point. I have zero reason to return

To that point - having traveled all over Europe I’ll take a pass on a revisit there also.

Only the smallest places remain pure.

I have seen, eaten, and drank all I care to. More power to you, stay safe.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List