Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Germany: Mass stabbing on bus

Well that sucks.

Hope there are no fatalities.

Reminder to me to get back to carrying an IFAK daily.

Nonsense. Mass stabbings do not occur.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Move along...

Hier gibt es nichts zu sehen.

I know this shit is statistically rare, but I have pretty much zero desire to travel internationally. Makes me a catch with the ladies.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Some folks from the culinary program at the tech school I attended were loading up to head to Germany this morning. Wonder if they’re reconsidering.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Some folks from the culinary program at the tech school I attended were loading up to head to Germany this morning. Wonder if they’re reconsidering.
    I think that mass shootings in schools account for more people in the US...

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I know this shit is statistically rare, but I have pretty much zero desire to travel internationally. Makes me a catch with the ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I don't see these as particularly sensical (or healthy) outlooks.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't see these as particularly sensical (or healthy) outlooks.
    Oh I know it’s a statistical anomaly and can happen anywhere. My point was just the timing of it relative to the trip the students are taking might give some pause.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I sleep fine at night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Never wanted to travel, not being able to defend myself against nutbar bullshit is just icing on the cake. We have nutbar bullshit here mind you, but in a few places the laws are sane enough to "let" you do something about it.

YMMV, but people feel like they're the same everywhere and travel just doesn't do it for me. I don't get any jollies seeing slightly different looking buildings, hearing people talking that I can't understand (hell I get that here), and experiencing unusual-for-the-month-for-me temperatures. All that on top of a government I can trust even less than the US and laws I'm not completely familiar with, for the money it costs I'll pass on the offer and go to a Thai restaurant.

Like, I get the whole don't let 'em win thing, and I can understand escaping work for a week, but the travel stuff just doesn't register. I'd rather have my bed and hang out with my dog and pad my bank account than visit Paris/Germany/Belize/whatever. Germany having garbage nonexistant defensive laws is sprinkles on the sundae.

That's my thread drifting travel tangent.
    Last edited by Peally; 07-20-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List