Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealing With Stupid Assed SJWs

Site Supporter
    25 years ago I began to notice that writing style manuals guiding scholarly writing suggested certain ways to describe or refer to heterosexual and homosexual topics or sex acts. Now these two terms are to be avoided. The term married is another. And then there is the pronoun thing plus a few other concerns. Anyway, we can view all this as examples of cultural evolution. It never stops. One way to accept such changes is to consider them as attempts to avoid language that excludes or denigrates. Being that I'm old and white haired and slow, I can get away with having dirt clod shooter status and referring to fringe elements as fruity. The rest of you can't. We have a new etiquette. In your professional life use it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Well now I’m curious. What do you use instead?
    "Asshole"?

The generic "you" is still applicable to all beings (AFAIK, IANAL).

Also, "pardon me, human"

Or you can refer to everyone as "Homo sapien" because that is every human's proper noun, regardless of personal identity. (Just make sure you italicize it in your report, or the scientists will file a complaint, -kidding guys-).

I ASSume that @Trooper224 simply asks the individual person their name and then uses their name.

For instance, "Hi there, what is your name?"

"I'm HCountyGuy."

"Hi HCountyGuy, I'm Trooper224. I pulled you over for speeding, driving without a license, expired tags, and there is a distinct aroma of marijuana wafting from the vehicle. Are you by chance also related to H(igh)CountyGuy?"

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Ok, we're done here. If anyone has a compelling reason to reopen the thread, PM me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List