Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: griffin armament

What hosts and applications will you be using the silencer on?

I wouldn't want a serviceable rifle can. Looking forward to what Hansohn Brothers recommends.
    #RESIST

Why would you not want a tube with ability to have the baffle stack pulled in case of a baffle strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Why would you not want a tube with ability to have the baffle stack pulled in case of a baffle strike?
    With the high operating pressures of rifle cartridges, I prefer welded silencers for the strength. As long as the serial number is intact, most manufacturers can repair or replace the baffles as needed.

It's really not a problem that has manifested itself in the real world. Furthermore, most suppressor companies will warranty anything once.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It's really not a problem that has manifested itself in the real world. Furthermore, most suppressor companies will warranty anything once.
    Ding ding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not particularly interested in arguing the point, but we’ll have to disagree regarding ‘real world’ practicality. Just because one persons experience doesn’t match another’s, doesn’t mean either is wrong, just a different perspective, use, or need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    With the high operating pressures of rifle cartridges, I prefer welded silencers for the strength. As long as the serial number is intact, most manufacturers can repair or replace the baffles as needed.

There are two issues with this.

One, your use of the word ‘most’. As I don’t know *which* companies are willing to to that length to save a can, I have not been rushing out to buy a welded unit.

Second, they can ‘fix’ stuff....as long as they’re in business. With the general attitude and environment, I have absolutely no confidence that any of these companies will be around...next year, much less ten years from now. While Dead Air and Rugged are particularly impressive, I don’t know that they have enough of a track record for me to buy confidently at this point. Those companies with a track record, are pretty sketchy - AAC, Gemtech, or SIG - for reasons ranging from poor customer service, to simply instability due to buyouts.

Someone with more personal knowledge of the companies could probably assuage their concerns easier, but a grand is a fair chunk of money for me o fork out for a ‘maybe’.
    Last edited by Dan_S; 07-24-2018 at 07:22 AM.

There are two issues with this.

One, your use of the word ‘most’. As I don’t know *which* companies are willing to to that length to save a can, I have not been rushing out to buy a welded unit.

Second, they can ‘fix’ stuff....as long as they’re in business. With the general attitude and environment, I have absolutely no confidence that any of these companies will be around...next year, much less ten years from now. While Dead Air and Rugged are particularly impressive, I don’t know that they have enough of a track record for me to buy confidently at this point. Those companies with a track record, are pretty sketchy - AAC, Gemtech, or SIG - for reasons ranging from poor customer service, to simply instability due to buyouts.

Someone with more personal knowledge of the companies could probably assuage their concerns easier, but a grand is a fair chunk of money for me o fork out for a ‘maybe’.
    To be blunt, then you should just Form 1 your own can or spend money with Griffin (I won't give a dime to them). Those of us with a bit of experience are giving you the best advice we have, advice that we follow ourselves, and you disagree. Good luck with your decision.
    #RESIST

User Tag List