Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Omega de-cockers

Site Supporter

CZ Omega de-cockers

I'm mostly a 1911 guy but I keep dabbling in DA/SA guns because I think they have some strong benefits. The other day I was checking out the many CZ pistols in stock at the LGS. On one hand I really like the de-cocking lever on the standard CZ 7BD, SP-01 Tactical, etc... because I don't have to shift my grip at all to use it. But overall I think the CZ 75B Omega is a bit better pistol -- I especially like the shape of the trigger more than the extremely curved trigger on the traditional CZ 75s.

The CZ 75B Omega has a de-cocker that I believe is the same as the one on the P-07 and P-09. It works very well and is much easier for me to use than the lever on the Beretta 92 series guns. But I do have to shift my grip just sllghtly to de-cock the gun. So I have a question -- do you folks who are using the P-07/P-09 guns (or a CZ 75B Omega) always de-cock with your shooting hand thumb? Do any of you use the support hand thumb to de-cock?

Right now my inclination is that I would de-cock with the shooting hand but I know it's fairly common for people to de-cock the Beretta 92 with the support hand and I'm wondering if that practice is used by anyone with the Omega trigger CZs.

In my hands, regardless of CZ or Beretta, I tend to prefer to decock with my support hand so I don’t have to break my primary hand grip. If I want to decock with one hand, then my primary hand is breaking grip, even only just slightly. YMMV

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I use my strong thumb but have to tweak my grip very slightly to do it. Been doing that on my Sigs for years so it’s really a non issue for me.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Like spinmove, I do it with my support hand on my 07 (and 09 when I had one) but I find the 92 series to be in an awkward place for my hands. I'm trying the 92 both ways until one or the other jumps out as being more workable for me.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I use my strong hand 95% of the time. Support hand if I'm doing repetitive DA shooting. De cocking for me is normally followed by re holstering or low ready, shifting my grip is not an issue.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    I use my strong hand 95% of the time. Support hand if I'm doing repetitive DA shooting. De cocking for me is normally followed by re holstering or low ready, shifting my grip is not an issue.
    Yeah I am thinking about this in that same context, in which I come off the target to either re-holster or to a ready position. If re-holstering it's not a big deal, but if going to a low ready there is a reason for it. For instance, in a pistol class where you might be doing that a bunch of times in a given scenario or a defensive situation. In that case I want any shift of my shooting grip to be minimal.

I've found it to be very intuitive and hardly noticeable using my strong hand to de-cock. Less so than with a PX4 or 92FS. I have to shift my grip to change mags on everything except a BHP so it might bother me less in this context than some. I will say that for me the P07 ergos are second to the 1911.

Strong hand decocking on the P-07 for me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I use my strong hand thumb to decock my 75 Omega. I like the positioning on the CZ more than on Berettas.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @Clusterfrack @pangloss -- do you guys find you have to shift your grip at all?

User Tag List