Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Practice Ammo for Revolvers

I use Remington/UMC 125 gr +P .38 Special SJHP as a good analog loading to my carry load of Remington 125 gr .38 Special +P. It's clean and accurate, but the primers are harder than Federal's are.

I get a box of 100 for $32-$34 at WalMart or Sportsmans Warehouse-not screaming deals, but decent considering I want a +P similar to my carry load, which I'm willing to pay the extra dollars for.

For .357 Magnum, I use Sellier & Bellot 158 grain (ball or soft point-the loading is the same for both); fairly expensive for what it is, but high quality ammunition at a 200 power factor, so it's not wimpy stuff like a lot of commercial .357 is these days, and a good analog loading for my carry loads of either 158 gr HydraShok (general carry) or Hornady Custom (hunting) JHPs

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 09-19-2018 at 07:34 AM.

This is good information. I was thinking about getting some of the steel case ammo for practice in .357 mag but I've read that it sticks in the chamber. Seems the .38spl is a problem too. All my revos are sighted in for 147 to 160 grain bullets so I'll stick to my own reloads. VV N320 under a good coated bullet or copper plated bullet shoots very clean.

User Tag List