Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops Can't Shoot! - Minor Rant

There are a lot of retards out there, it's unfortunate that a few showed up to your match. Cops are people (and not hardened infantry), and the fact that almost no one in general can shoot really well simply carries over to that field like any other.

Overweight guys showing up with egos and tactical gear immediately have their douche card vigorously punched on visual, and in my experience they're exclusively not police, military, or anything remotely requiring that style of gear. It's not even remotely necessary for shooting matches regardless. Only thing left after noticing it is to crush their pathetic shooting and rub it in as much as possible. They'll either shut up and learn or go the fuck away forever, and either one is a happy ending

Good on you for going out with your buddies and daughter and actually having a good time. You're also a more humble man than I, I'd be taking pictures and posting that shit all over Doodie Project
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

^ ^ ^. +1
    Last edited by Matt Helm; 07-20-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Good romper room material...

Good on your daughter. Raise 'em to be fierce!

Quote Originally Posted by Kan S LaTrans View Post
    Yeah...my daughter is a female version of me. She takes zero shit from people. She's a great kid, she has manners, she is polite, she is smart....but she will NOT tolerate asshat boys shit talking her. She is daddy's girl for sure.
    Great story.

You're gonna love it here.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    ...ballistic ballet...
    I am *definitely* stealing this.

Based on your description, I have a good feeling that your daughter is going to be A-ok regardless of her chosen career path.

Here's a loud mouth pud who showed up at a 3 Gun match in Prescott in March. He works at an LGS in Tucson and is one of those gun counter commandos who has an opinion on EVERYTHING and starts EVERY sentence with "Tactically speaking...." and "Cops can't shoot..."

The first pic is him fumble fucking his rifle...and the second one is where ge got DQ'd for letting a round go over the barricade and over the berm.
    I honestly didn't know they made the 5-color desert aka "chocolate chips" in sizes that big.

The pic also illustrates a hard truth. If the angle of your front plate exceeds a 25* angle from vertical - you need a gym membership, not a plate carrier.

Site Supporter
    Stories like this make me smile. I managed a gun range for awhile and saw plenty of guys like that show up. I even ran an outlaw USPSA match once a week for a few years. Most of that genre of shooter would never show up. The one's that did never did very well (and would refuse any advice from anyone, including M and GM people who really have a knack for teaching).

I'm all about people doing what makes them happy when it comes to shooting. You want to go to tactical band camp, be my guest. As long as you are safe, enjoy. It's the douchebag attitudes that I despise.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    If the angle of your front plate exceeds a 25* angle from vertical - you need a gym membership, not a plate carrier.
    Awesome, I've got another 12.5º to go!

___

All of this is why I prefer a quiet place, far away from the mouth breathers, for shooting. The farther, the better.

And in my experience - if it's not the Tacti-Bros it's the Gangsta-Bros and they all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Awesome, I've got another 12.5º to go!

___

All of this is why I prefer a quiet place, far away from the mouth breathers, for shooting. The farther, the better.

And in my experience - if it's not the Tacti-Bros it's the Gangsta-Bros and they all suck.
    You forgot the “I’ve been around guns my whole life” crowd and their inability to produce anything that might be called a grouping by the loosest definition.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    My daughter, who is 14 and a GREAT competitive shooter in her own right shoots with us at least once a week. She is shooting a 9mm 1911 that I built her for her 14th birthday in Single Stack.

[...]

My daughter said..."You mean you'd show them how not to shoot. Because...Dude, you all just got beat by a bunch of cops...and a 14 year old girl".

Priceless.
    Just FYI, you're a pretty fuckin great dad.

Here's a loud mouth pud who showed up at a 3 Gun match in Prescott in March. He works at an LGS in Tucson and is one of those gun counter commandos who has an opinion on EVERYTHING and starts EVERY sentence with "Tactically speaking...." and "Cops can't shoot..."

The first pic is him fumble fucking his rifle...and the second one is where ge got DQ'd for letting a round go over the barricade and over the berm.
    LOL, he should probably lose just a little more of that gut before he opens his mouth again
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-20-2018 at 04:58 PM.

User Tag List