Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Refinishing a m64

I have had very good success using flitz on my stainless revolvers. A little flitz goes along way. To remove it and bring the shine up, Dremel with white polishing wheel @ ½ speed mirror like finish when complete. Once complete it looks so good you won't want to even shoot it and make it dirty again.
    Last edited by SD; 07-20-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by DamonL; 07-20-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    I have had very good success using flitz on my stainless revolvers. A little flitz goes along way. To remove it and bring the shine up, Dremel with white polishing wheel @ ½ speed mirror like finish when complete. Once complete it looks so good you won't want to even shoot it and make it dirty again.
    Could you post some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Are you using the liquid in the bottle or the paste in the tube?

Depends on what kind of look you want. I use Flitz and a Q-tip to put a polish on the feed ramp of my pistols. Those feed ramps that are "in the white" (bare metal, no finish) shine up really well. Flitz will shine your stainless revolver for sure. The more you work a particular area, the shiner it will get. So the finished product may resemble nickel or chrome. I haven't tried to refinish a stainless revolver, so I can't say what works. If you decide on a particular product to try refinishing your revolver, you might take the grips off and try those areas hidden by the grips. That way you can get an idea of how the finished product might look. If the final look doesn't please you, at least it is under the grip.

Oh, and I use Flitz on my headlights with good results. It won't make 20 year old headlights look new, but it will help polish the plastic somewhat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Yes Scotch Brite will work but I don't remember if it's the green or red pads.
    Green scotch brite pads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My best results on stainless is accomplished using Grey (Ultra-Fine) Scotchbrite with a thin lubricant. If you want a shiny finish, Mothers Mag Wheel polish works great.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 07-20-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I use Flitz paste. I will do a before-after photo and post hopefully tonight after dinner.

Curious how this turns out. Please post your results and materials if you polish it.

Making stainless look like polished blue would be my first choice (does not seem possible), but stainless that looks like nickel is about the only stainless I really like the look of.

User Tag List