Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA Indoor Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    Haha, oh man... only in IDPA is Nationals won by 20%.
    Can you explain what you mean by this? I am asking an honest question, not poised to take offense. Hopefully this is not asking you to expand on a contentious topic...

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by this? I am asking an honest question, not poised to take offense. Hopefully this is not asking you to expand on a contentious topic...
    he means that Vogel didnt just win, he won overall by 20%. Notice the time and points down.. below shows him and closest 5 to him.. notice the next 5 are pretty close in scores .. it also baffles me that theres 2 guys in the top 6 unclassified o_O

1 Vogel, Robert 129.26 17 SSP/Master
    2 Shelby, Glenn 154.91 46 CDP/Master
    3 Olhasso, David 157.17 38 CDP/Unclassified
    4 Burwell, Dan 158.05 21 ESP/Master
    5 Meyers, James 163.59 16 SSP/Master
    6 McGinty, James 163.63 50 ESP/Unclassified

Quote Originally Posted by sm0kyjoe View Post
    he means that Vogel didnt just win, he won overall by 20%. Notice the time and points down.. below shows him and closest 5 to him.. notice the next 5 are pretty close in scores .. it also baffles me that theres 2 guys in the top 6 unclassified o_O

1 Vogel, Robert 129.26 17 SSP/Master
    2 Shelby, Glenn 154.91 46 CDP/Master
    3 Olhasso, David 157.17 38 CDP/Unclassified
    4 Burwell, Dan 158.05 21 ESP/Master
    5 Meyers, James 163.59 16 SSP/Master
    6 McGinty, James 163.63 50 ESP/Unclassified
    Distinguished Masters show up as "unclassified" in the software our match results are posted on.

DM's are the IDPA major match winners. Only big three matches.

They compete outside the regular Masters

Thats why all the past winners look like they let their classifications lapse(not possible, but you get it)

Quote Originally Posted by m91196 View Post
    Distinguished Masters show up as "unclassified" in the software our match results are posted on.

DM's are the IDPA major match winners. Only big three matches.

They compete outside the regular Masters

Thats why all the past winners look like they let their classifications lapse(not possible, but you get it)

Ahhh.. that makes more sense then, didnt think that would be the reason because Vogel was the world champ and they still had him listed as master.

One of the problems that IDPA faces is that there's no one near Vogel's skill level at the top right now unless Dave decides to start shoot IDPA again. The race is a lot closer in other divisions like ESP and CDP, but as of right now there just isn't anyone really capable of challenging Bob. Unless we start seeing some of the big name GMs decide to pin trophies on their walls of course.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    No offense taken, hell, I'm the one being an elitist and hating on IDPA.

My comment was made on my opinion that the organization and society of IDPA in general has a somewhat hypocritical attitude towards competition, which I think is reflected by the dearth of competitors at the higher levels. At USPSA Nationals there might be 25+ people placing within ~20% of BV or the other guys who shoot at his level.

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    My comment was made on my opinion that the organization and society of IDPA in general has a somewhat hypocritical attitude towards competition
    I know for a fact that you're wrong, but would you care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I know for a fact that you're wrong, but would you care to elaborate?
    I'm sure it's nothing you haven't heard before. Sell me on it, I'd love to hear it.

At the organizational level, IDPA doesn't have a hypocritical attitude about competition; you see that bias introduced by local SO and staff. IDPA is currently re-writing and evaluating the entire rulebook to bring it inline with the organic changes that have occurred in the sport. Are there IDPA safety officers that hate "gamers" and whatnot? Sure. But that's not necessarily reflective of the culture at large; in fact the IDPA culture up here in the PNW is pretty unusual for IDPA clubs.

Caleb;

How much did the course design favor ESP/SSP over CDP? Or were most of the stages magazine capacity neutral?
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List