Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to move my flashlight forward of the rail

Thorntail. I absolutely love mine. Mount it at 11 or 1 o’clock and blue loctite the two screws. Solid platform.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by KeeFus; 07-20-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Name:  IMG_20180612_220433_886.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  101.3 KB

I bought the HLX and have been very happy with it. I'm currently using the Cloud Defensive tape switch shoe and a IWC/HSP Thorntail mount. Puts the set up forward and up enough to be comfortable on my SBR.

Pics of my M&P 15 with the Thorntail. Its been beating around in my trunk for a few months with the Comp M5 with no issues to the Comp M5 or the Thorntail. I used blue thread lock on the mounting srews and its still holding strong.

Name:  Thorntail2.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  99.4 KB

Name:  Thorntail1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  44.4 KB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Bonus points if the best doo-dad is available on Midway, my birthday discount window is almost here.

This is what I'm considering: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/96...aluminum-matte
    I ended up ordering this. Midway didn't carry any of the other suggestions and it's a setup I'm already familiar with as that's what the dept used to attach lights to the non-railed DRMO rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    ... several of our guys used the tape switch on the 12 o'clock rail, making operation easy with either hand.
    I did this and then immediately slapped my forehead for never thinking of it myself. So much better.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

..... and several of our guys used the tape switch on the 12 o'clock rail, making operation easy with either hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I did this and then immediately slapped my forehead for never thinking of it myself. So much better.
    Glad to help! The only reason I'm not doing it is that I'm currently using a Magpul MOE forend, which does not have 12 o'clock mounting.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List