Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight love thread

Harbor Freight love thread

This site doesn't receive revenue from these links. Before you go to HF, check the Harbor Freight coupon database.

Stuff I love from HF that's never let me down:

Polymer 3/8 ratchet

3500w inverter generator

Electric trimmer

Electric pole saw

These plastic ammo cans are strong and you can usually get them for $3-$4
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 07-19-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    #RESIST

Clearly a hit and run shill thread... Mods here are shit...

Thanks for posting that pole saw, I definitely need one of those, fuck standing on a ladder trying to trim branches.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Clearly a hit and run shill thread... Mods here are shit...

Thanks for posting that pole saw, I definitely need one of those, fuck standing on a ladder trying to trim branches.
    Mine is great, I just use long cords and a generator to power it.
    #RESIST

I'm not even going to try to think of everything I have bought from Harbor Freight. With very few exceptions, everything I have from there works and was very affordable.

My newest HF toy is their manual tire change station with the motorcycle attachment. It took a few minor modifications to take it from "It kind of works" to "It's worth the investment" but it definitely makes changing a motorcycle tire 1000% easier. The one major fix is a new tool head for the mount/demount bar. The one it comes with is OK for steel car rims but would eat an aluminum rim for lunch.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    I spent years working as a professional tech/shop foreman, primarily in performance shops.

Despite the tool snobbery I encountered, I used H-F sockets, extensions, and box-end wrenches like they owed me money - and they're 100% good to go. I particularly like the extended, extra long long box-end wrench sets they offer.
    I never broke any of them even on an impact gun, though H-F sockets are usually a bit fatter than a comparable Snap-on or MAC socket so if you need a deep thin-wall socket on a specific application, it's worth getting the right socket for it. But try the H-F first. I didn't do anything really stupid though like stacking adapters to put a non-impact 12mm 3/8" socket on a 3/4" drive air impact gun - but I sure beat the hell out of the 14, 17, and 19's on 3/8 and 1/2 impact guns.

I also used a H-F 30in 5-drawer tool cart for about 80% of the work I did. They're wonderful and can be had for $140-160 depending on coupon deals. Worth every penny, especially compared to a comparable 'big name' cart.
    Their shop stools, jack stands, 20 ton hydraulic press, and 2 ton engine hoist also got a lot of use and never had an issue.

Their $4 multimeters work surprisingly well for basic diagnostic work too. If you need precise resistance measurements when troubleshooting sensors, etc, it isn't a Fluke, but for $4 it's awful nice as part of the 'grab and go' tool bag.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This site doesn't receive revenue from these links. Before you go to HF, check the Harbor Freight coupon database.

Stuff I love from HF that's never let me down:

3500w inverter generator
    How much use have you given that generator? Been him-hawing around about buying the honda equivalent, but would love if I could save 1k.

I picked up this stippling tool woodburning kit when I was working on a cosplay prop once. Paid maybe $6.75 and change for it, hasn't let me down since. I've considered buying some of the OTD stippling tips to see how nicely they play with it.
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 07-19-2018 at 04:13 PM.

I've had good luck with their hand tools. Pressure washer, not so much. Portable cement mixer has been good too. I purchased it for less than the cost to rent one for the weekend and I've done a few projects with it including 32' of sidewalk and my front steps.

I just bought this 20 ton press so I can start building AK's.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/20-ton...ess-60603.html

Banned
    I have a set of punches from HF a couple of dead blow hammers and a magnetic screw tray that were worth every dime I paid for them.

Site Supporter
    Based on what I'd read here and read myself, I've recommended the 2000W and 3500W Predator inverter generators to several friends/family/coworkers wanting a generator without breaking the bank. About 3-4 of those have gone and bought the 3500W models. I've really pondered putting my 5kw Generac out of frontline service and replacing it with the 3500W Predator. The damn thing is loud as hell and the last time I needed to work on it, I had a bitch of a time getting parts for the Tecumseh engine. I'd lose some capacity, but if that became an issue then I could get another with a parallel kit and have more capacity . . . and two generators with electric start to boot as well.

One buddy commented that when he bought his the guy ringing him up said, "There's not a lot in this store that I'd buy, but this is one of the things I'd buy without any hesitation."
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List