Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 Out of the Box to Match. Full Review.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I am confident that I can in greatly improve the ability of the H9 to make groups I could be happy with.

My master welder is on the phone now. We will see how his schedule looks.
    Send it to Cajun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Send it to Cajun.
    Thanks for the suggestion. No need, I have a master welder at hand.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

I shot an H9 that someone on my squad had this weekend, but only shot a handful of rounds through it at the end of the day. My only impression from that short time was that I felt like it had more muzzle jump than my Glocks. From watching the slow motion recoil cycle part of your video, I see that the gun tracks relatively flat, but you have to adjust the sights down significantly at the end of the recoil cycle as if the slide returns to battery while the muzzle is elevated and doesn't force the sights back down. I think that seems to accurately portray my observations from this weekend...after every shot it felt like the sights were high above the target rather than returning directly back on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    Thanks Patrick that was a great video. Looking forward to more in the Hudson. Sure is an interesting piece of engineering and a great story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Patrick, many thanks for your review(s). To me, the gun looks like a blend of 1911/Steyr M9A1. Their website makes it seem analogous to 1911 meets SFA. I don't doubt that it has potential, but I'm a bit flummoxed to ascertain what niche it fills, at least for me. Kudos to the Hudsons for their commitment to it, and the use of what seems to be high quality components, both their in-house and aftermarket bits.

Unfortunately, you've got a $1,000+ pistol (and that's at Bud's pricing....) that while seemingly reliable and durable, simply doesn't shoot particularly accurately, or to POI.

That makes it a non-contender for me. 1911 receiver format or not, it simply doesn't seem to do anything better (or even as well) as comparable Glocks or HK VPs. And both of those platforms are significantly less expensive, to rub salt into the wound.

Based on your review and exemplar shooting experiences, I'd say it has promise, but is simply not ready for prime time. The fact that you provided your detailed results to their customer service, and they did their best, but it came back with the same (lack of) performance speaks volumes to me. If you're looking for submachine gun accuracy in a pistol format, it might just be your huckleberry, if you can get around the POA/POI issue. Otherwise...

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-25-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Patrick, many thanks for your review(s). To me, the gun looks like a blend of 1911/Steyr M9A1. Their website makes it seem analogous to 1911 meets SFA. I don't doubt that it has potential, but I'm a bit flummoxed to ascertain what niche it fills, at least for me. Kudos to the Hudsons for their commitment to it, and the use of what seems to be high quality components, both their in-house and aftermarket bits.

Unfortunately, you've got a $1,000+ pistol (and that's at Bud's pricing....) that while seemingly reliable and durable, simply doesn't shoot particularly accurately, or to POI.

That makes it a non-contender for me. 1911 receiver format or not, it simply doesn't seem to do anything better (or even as well) as comparable Glocks or HK VPs. And both of those platforms are significantly less expensive, to rub salt into the wound.

Based on your review and exemplar shooting experiences, I'd say it has promise, but is simply not ready for prime time. The fact that you provided your detailed results to their customer service, and they did their best, but it came back with the same (lack of) performance speaks volumes to me. If you're looking for submachine gun accuracy in a pistol format, it might just be your huckleberry, if you can get around the POA/POI issue. Otherwise...

Best, Jon
    Kind of the reason I buy and review, so you all don't have to lay down the "hard earned" and take that salt!

I will probably have to go the Patreon route, as I will be out of a Job and income soon. Stay tuned!

PK

Kind of the reason I buy and review, so you all don't have to lay down the "hard earned" and take that salt!

I will probably have to go the Patreon route, as I will be out of a Job and income soon. Stay tuned!

PK
    Do it! I’ve been watching your videos since the VP9, I’ll gladly support the channel.

Sorry to hear about your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for such an honest and competent review. Very rare these days.

You've convinced me that a) I really want an H9 but that b) my suspicions that it is still in it's "beta" phase are not without basis. I really hope you get your gun welded up to improve accuracy and will be very curious to see what the culprit is (I think your "dwell time" hypothesis has merit just based upon looking at the geometry in your photos)

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by ExMachina; 07-29-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks for the suggestion. No need, I have a master welder at hand.
    Any updates on modifications and fixes to your Hudson H9?

I am seeing the H9 for sale as low as $723 and, even with the bad press, its hard to say "no.".

While I get where you’re coming from on a discounted H9, you can buy a lot of gun for $750, particularly if you’re buying used.

I had hoped Hudson would do well, but the reported accuracy and POA issues were sad to see.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List