I have a couple of TA11 ACOG's with the tapped bosses for RMR or similar piggy-backed red dots. I'm thinking I'd like to try out that setup. I know, I've read for 15 years about "chinweld" and how it doesn't work, etc. At the same time, the market seems to be pushing toward higher and higher optics mounts up over 2" now. Personally I think a T1 piggy-backed on a TA11 would be tits, but I don't know of a mount to do that right now.

I've messed with the offset thing before and at this point would rather keep something in vertical plane only.

Bottom line to begin with is, "does anyone have an RMR or similar on a piggy back mount that they would be willing to let me borrow for a week or two to see if I like it before I jump down the rabbit hole." I believe there are several folks on here who know me in real life who would vouch for my integrity. (Kevinb, Mr_White, Karmapolice, JLW)

Feel free to reply with thoughts/experiences overall on the setup and/or PM me if you'd be willing to loan me something. Thanks!