Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509 Tactical

I'll take Q4 Tac, better buy at $650.

Site Supporter
    We’ve raised a generation of trigger snobs...

Quote Originally Posted by BenM2Tac View Post
    I've heard multiple reports of the trigger sucking on this gun, should not have to buy a $150 dollar apex for a thousand dollar gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    It’s awful. Heavy like 7-8lbs with creep.
    Wondering if, maybe, the firing pin safety spring was carried over from the previous models (since the FPS channel is shortened, the same spring would bind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    We truly have. However, the $1k model of a pistol shouldn’t have a shittier trigger than the $600 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    This isn't being snobbish, it has a worse trigger than any other new production striker fired gun that I can think of. Being snobbish is saying Glocks are useless because of the trigger. I consider the Glock trigger as a standard, and this is well below that which is a shame because they otherwise seem like nice guns.

Like was said, I'd rather take a PPQ Q4 tac or alternatively an MOS Glock, or other similar competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    This isn't being snobbish, it has a worse trigger than any other new production striker fired gun that I can think of. Being snobbish is saying Glocks are useless because of the trigger. I consider the Glock trigger as a standard, and this is well below that which is a shame because they otherwise seem like nice guns.

Like was said, I'd rather take a PPQ Q4 tac or alternatively an MOS Glock, or other similar competitor.
    This is basically my take as well. I found myself back at the range with a friend of mine who largely shoots Glocks (Gen 3 and Gen 4) with some minor tweaks like connector/trigger bar polishing or a Ghost connector at most. I had him handle a 509 in the pro shop to get his opinion of it as well. Upon picking the gun up and dry firing it he found the ergonomics to be great, and the trigger to be adequate. He then did the same to a Canik TP9 and promptly noted that with a gun to compare it to, the 509's trigger definitely felt stiffer and had a less positive reset.

As I said previously, I think this gun is going to be great for a lot of people who just want a "cool guy" handgun with all the cool features and don't shoot enough or have enough handguns to build a frame of reference, but for people who fiddle around with a variety of handguns, it may end up being a harder sell. YMMV.

A Glock with a 5.5lb connector is a SHIT trigger but its serviceable and the system is reliable.

The 509's, FNS's and their ilk have truly horrible trigger's that have zero redeemable qualities. None.

With gun's like the M&P 2.0's, Walther PPQ's, CZ P10's and a myriad of other striker fired guns coming to market, why does a manufacturer think its ok to release an absolutely garbage trigger, and the 509 has a garbage trigger?

Its long, its gritty, the break is a creep fest that feels like its a mile long until the damn sear is actually released. When there are so many options out there, why would we choose to pick a gun that has an inherently bad trigger that right now, CANNOT be fixed with an aftermarket solution? No matter how awesome this mounting solution is or may be, id rather spend 150 bucks and have a Glock milled.

Site Supporter
    Sevigny didn't seem to have any problem with the FNS trigger.

Site Supporter
    I have a FNS and a 509. The trigger pulls feel the same. I shoot both accuratey; i think i shoot these guns as well as i shoot glock pistols in regard to accuracy. NOW - dry firing is different. There are many differences between a glock trigger pull and the FN striker trigger pull.

I shoot HK LEM pistols, HK DA/SA pistols, Sig SRT trigger systems, and some others. Trigger pull is very important to me. All my Sig pistols have SRT systems because we have that technology. The point i want to make is that the FN 509 trigger works regarding fast shooting and accuracy. It feels like an inferior trigger compared to the VP9 for example when dry firing. I think it is a good trigger even though i will point out what i dislike about the trigger pull when i dry fire the 509.

Site Supporter
    I have a question about the trigger system regarding Enel's hammer. The 509 stryker seems to move back and down (not simply rotating down) and i was wondering if a dead trigger is possible. I cannot find the Enel's hammer thread.

I plan on buying one in September because there may or may not be a tax break then for firearms. There was a tax relief regarding hunting equipment in Louisiana last year.
    Last edited by WOLFIE; 07-23-2018 at 03:42 PM.

User Tag List