Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Grab a gun has them for 880$ ish
    Damn. That is a little steep in todays market. I am really interested in this mounting system though. Since ya know...acro is coming

Site Supporter
    Looks like it's priced like the fnx45 tact

I’m not interested in threaded barrels but I am interested in optics ready pistols and the 509 in general. I’m constantly looking for something that has the upside of owning Glocks without being a Glock. It’s probably time I give the 509 a chance and see what it’s all about.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Where are the compacts/sub and the single stack a good while back? Also, any safety versions yet, I saw one in photo, but none at the shops.

I handled one today. It’s meh. Not exciting to me at all really. Guess I’m in the Glock everything or if you really want to be different M&P gang.

I shot one yesterday - actually the one in the OP pics, I'm pretty sure.

I can't say I'm very impressed, unfortunately. The trigger is what got to me - compared to Glocks, M&Ps, VPs, etc., the trigger itself felt very stiff and heavy. The break was clean, but it felt like it took a fair amount more force than I'm used to applying with striker guns to actually get through it. Additionally, the reset has almost no tactile feedback whatsoever. It has an audible reset, but that doesn't do much for me. An Apexed 509 was also on the line, which felt a bit better, but still not quite what I was expecting. There was also one failure I observed where a round didn't eject (the slide failed to go all the way back and instead got "stuck" with the casing still in the extractor but not quite far enough to hit the ejector), but I think this may have been caused by the compensator as I'm not sure if the sample that was being used had the reduced power recoil spring installed.

I'm sure it's going to be just fine for a lot of people, especially those wanting a Fauxland-like base gun right out of the box, but the trigger keeps me from being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I shot one yesterday - actually the one in the OP pics, I'm pretty sure.

I can't say I'm very impressed, unfortunately. The trigger is what got to me - compared to Glocks, M&Ps, VPs, etc., the trigger itself felt very stiff and heavy. The break was clean, but it felt like it took a fair amount more force than I'm used to applying with striker guns to actually get through it. Additionally, the reset has almost no tactile feedback whatsoever. It has an audible reset, but that doesn't do much for me. An Apexed 509 was also on the line, which felt a bit better, but still not quite what I was expecting. There was also one failure I observed where a round didn't eject (the slide failed to go all the way back and instead got "stuck" with the casing still in the extractor but not quite far enough to hit the ejector), but I think this may have been caused by the compensator as I'm not sure if the sample that was being used had the reduced power recoil spring installed.

I'm sure it's going to be just fine for a lot of people, especially those wanting a Fauxland-like base gun right out of the box, but the trigger keeps me from being one of them.
    The trigger is also what kills the 509 (and other FNS guns) for me. I like it for the most part otherwise.

I've heard multiple reports of the trigger sucking on this gun, should not have to buy a $150 dollar apex for a thousand dollar gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BenM2Tac View Post
    I've heard multiple reports of the trigger sucking on this gun, should not have to buy a $150 dollar apex for a thousand dollar gun.
    It’s awful. Heavy like 7-8lbs with creep.

I’ve had two so far, got rid of both. One trigger was ok, the other flat sucked. The gun shoots flat when shot fast like on a bill drill, easy to keep on target. I like the longer grip 19 slide size. My other complaint was the difficult mag release. I am sure some are fine.

Hope they keep working to improve them. Would love to see other sizes.

User Tag List