As it comes out of the box.

Name:  C85558DE-77BB-4656-B40B-DED0E7ACB91B.jpg
Views: 4660
Size:  40.5 KB

Fully equipped with TBRC Micro comp, RMR and X 300U

Name:  F793EA59-AADF-444F-BB5B-931467F26129.jpg
Views: 3184
Size:  45.9 KB

The claim is FN has developed a better method for modular optics mounting which stays tight via rubber O rings rather than Loctite or periodic re-tightening.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-18-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Very neat. I'm frankly once bitten, twice shy on FN handguns, but I remember saying to some friends at one point that the main reason the FNX-45 has a following with casual shooters is because it comes with all the cool guy stuff right out of the box (optics cut, suppressor sights, threaded barrel) whereas most other manufacturers don't offer all of those things together in one SKU, and that not offering a "Tactical" variant in the same vein with the 509 meant a lot of people were just going to ignore it. This will definitely grab people's attention, I think.

I'd really love to see more companies (read: HK) offer this feature set on their "Tactical" models, rather than just one or two of those features. The only other company that does it to my knowledge is S&W with the CORE series, and even that one I didn't know offered a threaded barrel model until I checked just now.
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 07-18-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Nice. I heard rumors at the OTOA conference this was coming this summer.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Nice. I heard rumors at the OTOA conference this was coming this summer.
    This looks a lot like the descriptions Of FN’s MHS entry.

Is the trigger still as disappointing as it is on the regular 509?

Why is the cool thing now to put a comp on a 9mm? This red dot thing is also getting out of hand.

FN 509 Tactical

This is pretty badass. If the mounting system works that will be a big plus. I happen to love all
    the options nowadays, being able to comp
    And red dot off the showroom floor is nice. If you do not like it. You can take the shit off and run it slick. But if you do, you just took it out of the box and installed a few parts. No milling or tb to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 07-19-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Why is the cool thing now to put a comp on a 9mm? This red dot thing is also getting out of hand.
    The red dot thing is the future whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The red dot thing is the future whether you like it or not.
    Future for what? Gaming? Home defense? Range toy? Sure. A lot of people are trying to push them into the military, concealed carry, and police arenas with limited success. They're not the god mode mod people think they are. There's plenty of dudes with lots of rounds down range through multiple dots because their guns kill it, or they run into the stoppages/malfunctions they cause.

Let alone the pounding they'll be taking from basic police and military duty use. Getting in and out of vehicles, rolling around on them and just basic shock. Micro dots were never a serious idea on a rifle, and a pistol will prove the same concept over time. Irons don't get foggy, crack, lose power, or catch on things like that window does. They also don't cause stoppages by pinching an expended round in-between the window and the slide.

Is it popular now? Kinda sure. The future? Definitely not yet. Still in the testing phase at best.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Future for what? Gaming? Home defense? Range toy? Sure. A lot of people are trying to push them into the military, concealed carry, and police arenas with limited success. They're not the god mode mod people think they are. There's plenty of dudes with lots of rounds down range through multiple dots because their guns kill it, or they run into the stoppages/malfunctions they cause.

Let alone the pounding they'll be taking from basic police and military duty use. Getting in and out of vehicles, rolling around on them and just basic shock. Micro dots were never a serious idea on a rifle, and a pistol will prove the same concept over time. Irons don't get foggy, crack, lose power, or catch on things like that window does. They also don't cause stoppages by pinching an expended round in-between the window and the slide.

Is it popular now? Kinda sure. The future? Definitely not yet. Still in the testing phase at best.
    Thus the backup iron sights...?

Not sure why you are so poo poo on the dots, its definitely an improvement over irons from a pure sight standpoint and you have irons as backup. The only downside now is the cost of having the MRDS break on you in time/money to get it fixed (if that occurs). There are also plenty of SMEs that have thousands of rounds through multiple dots and haven't killed them. The RMR Gen 2 is pretty much the gold standard right now for a MRDS, the Aimpoint one will be exciting to see how it works out. The real issue with MRDS is that a lot of companies are making them and they aren't built to stand up to the abuse.

User Tag List