Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I could probably make something that would work on the 509, but the fact that the striker spring is behind the striker (filling up the space that a Glock-style gadget would otherwise use) means it would be more complicated (and less beefy) than I would like, so it's not likely to happen. Plus, I'm not convinced I'd sell enough of them to recoup my development and production costs. It's a neat gun. I like the trigger (that every else seems to hate).
    Thank you for the response and I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I could probably make something that would work on the 509, but the fact that the striker spring is behind the striker (filling up the space that a Glock-style gadget would otherwise use) means it would be more complicated (and less beefy) than I would like, so it's not likely to happen. Plus, I'm not convinced I'd sell enough of them to recoup my development and production costs. It's a neat gun. I like the trigger (that every else seems to hate).
    Get on that P-10C “Gadget” already, will ya?

[emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post

[emoji56]

SoonTM

[emoji56]

I think we need a big ass list of peeps with cash for that to happen. That is what is stopping me from getting mine milled for a rmr2. Hard to spend that cash and permanently customize a gun I will most likely not carry.

FN 509 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I think we need a big ass list of peeps with cash for that to happen. That is what is stopping me from getting mine milled for a rmr2. Hard to spend that cash and permanently customize a gun I will most likely not carry.
    I know, right?

I purchased one that was very lightly used.

I have only lightly used it. Most of the time it’s empty and I practice presentations with it. 🤪

My presentations WITH IRONS have improved but I don’t really use the RMR-pistol. I did carry it for a short period.

If you must have it back, brother, let me know.

Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-15-2018 at 06:02 AM.

I know, right?

I purchased one that was very lightly used.

I have only lightly used it. Most of the time it’s empty and I practice presentations with it. 🤪

My presentations WITH IRONS have improved but I don’t really use the RMR-pistol. I did carry it for a short period.

If you must have it back, brother, let me know.

Hmmmmmm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Handled one Wednesday. The mag release was definitely improved over the standard 509.
    The mag release on my base 509 drops the mag fine using the right side with my trigger finger. Using my thumb on the left side sometimes causes the mag to stick in the well.
    I wonder if the newer mag release would solve the issue.
    The trigger pull on mine is getting smoother with 400 rounds fired but the trigger release is still fairly gritty.
    FN’s Fredericksburg, VA facility is an hour drive from me. May give them a call soon...

Site Supporter
    Sorry for the necro, but what is the latest on this? I have a friend who wants one and asked me what I thought. Thanks in advance.

There is a pretty concise list of reasons to get a 509:

1) you love FN products

2) your personality is such you don’t like mainstream products like Glock and S&W

3) you don’t know better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is a pretty concise list of reasons to get a 509:

1) you love FN products

2) your personality is such you don’t like mainstream products like Glock and S&W

3) you don’t know better
    Disagree on all of the above.

1- not really
    2- Had plenty of Glocks, lost interest in m&p s after owning a couple.
    3-what even does that mean?

My 509 midsize mrd with a delta point has ran whatever ammo through it I have used. Is the bone stock trigger and after cleaning and lubing besides some initial grit on the pull it breaks better than my stock Glock triggers.

They are very easy to break down and work on.

Made in America

Maybe they will stick with this design?

It shot multiple bullseyes at 25 yards on three separate 5 shot groups. Rang 100 yard steel like nothing. Neither of which I could nor my buddy do with gen 5 Glocks even with us each having trigger work on them and dots.

Ergos are far better and the texturing while ugly works great. Even in the freezing cold and raining.

Triggerguard is glove friendly.

MRD is the best factory plate system.

MRD also comes in compact to full and has a rail on each option. You can also swap slides with whichever model and frame.

Fully ambi

My Tactical has been equally reliable but has no dot, so no I can not shoot it as good. But that is pretty much any pistol with irons vs a dot for me.

They have the best two tone fde look to them [emoji2371]

Yes these are this guys opinions, but I have had a lot of the main brands g19 sized guns. And the middy 509 MRD is by far the best in my hands and has been able to make me look like a better shooter with a stock trigger. I can come up on target faster than most other brands and can transition faster as well. So to me the performance alone makes me happy I gave them a try. What more can I ask for out of a pistol?

Mags are frikin expensive.

Jmck has no quick ship holsters.

You should throw a apex striker in it.

I would argue that most will not try the FN because of the Glock/HK/M&P cool aid drinkers out there. Most FN owners are indeed a little off and do not help promote the pistol.

User Tag List