Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG M17 Commercial Version coming in August 2018

Site Supporter
    Close friend that's an 0702 FFL tells me that the two 'standard' variants have a MAP in the mid $600 range, and there's an all-black variant SKU as well. Commemorative edition has a MAP just under $1k.

Edit:
    Going off the typical dealer cost vs MAP on the standard P320's, that means a dealer cost in the $580ish range and the Commemorative in the low-mid 800's.
    Last edited by JRB; 07-19-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it appears to be this.

Sig is releasing three models. One is standard M17 with thumb safety to be released soon, one is M17 WITHOUT thumb safety to be released later. These both have MSRP of $768. Standard MSRP on the P320 is $597 so I would expect these to settle in around $600-ish range after the initial buying frenzy.

The last model is the M17 Commemorative which is "limited" to 5000 units. You can read the Osage link for more specific details. This one appears to be a more "exact" copy of the M17. That is the one that has the MSRP over $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I haven't handled a 320 with a manual safety. How is it ergonomically?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I glommed a couple at the 2017 NRAAM show and I thought it good. I shoot a lot of 1911. I thought they executed it pretty well for shooting thumb on safety. They were very positive clicks on/off.

For comparison though, I do NOT like how the M&P implemented it.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-19-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it appears to be this.

Sig is releasing three models.
    Yes. That's the way I'm reading it. Three models.

I assume the commercial variants will use the Romeo cut?

I just put down a deposit with the SIG proshop. With military discount it is under $600.

I got the standard manual Safety version. I assume based on the pictures that it will use the x5 optics cut. I'm still going to hold off on buying a dpp until I get it in my hands though.

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I just put down a deposit with the SIG proshop. With military discount it is under $600.
    How does one obtain this military discount you speak of? And is it for veterans or only active duty?

How does one obtain this military discount you speak of? And is it for veterans or only active duty?

The proshop does 20% off for mil/le. He took my word for it when I called, but will verify my ID when I go to get it. I'm not sure what their restrictions are, but you can ask if it's on their IOP list.

Yes. That's the way I'm reading it. Three models.

I assume the commercial variants will use the Romeo cut?

The osage link stated dpp compatible. I remember a SIG rep at shot saying their new Romeo 1s would have an updated footprint to match the DPP. Seems like it will be able to do a SIG optic or DPP with a different plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Seems...pricey?
    Maybe not too bad. Take an equivalently priced competitor: the Glock 34 Gen 5’s MSRP is $899. Their Blue Label price is $559. The P320-M17’s MSRP is $768, and .mil/LE pricing seems to be sub $600.

Additionally, the P320-M17 comes with night sights, while the G34 Gen 5 just has the plastic dovetail protectors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    The osage link stated dpp compatible. I remember a SIG rep at shot saying their new Romeo 1s would have an updated footprint to match the DPP. Seems like it will be able to do a SIG optic or DPP with a different plate.
    The DPP was the foot print specified for the MHS so this makes sense.

User Tag List