Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG M17 Commercial Version coming in August 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    The only thing I read is on the other 320 thread is that the IOP guns were "duty grade" I have no idea if that extends to the other models. Perhaps less mim parts?
    If any group of guns would be different, it would be the M-17's off of the military line. I'm not sure how Sig would tweak the conventional P320 design to change grades of gun. As best I can tell the P320 was designed from the ground up to be economical to produce. The firing control group doesn't seem to have many parts that could be MIM and is a lot of stainless steel. MIM bothers me a lot less when the overall design was created from the ground up to support MIM parts. This is why H&K was successful with MIM but legacy Sigs had problems. The only possibility that makes sense is that IOP guns would have upgraded part assemblies implemented first. For instance, the ejector system has been completely revamped after initial problems. I'd be that those new parts were used in the IOP guns before the mass produced guns. Once Sig exhausted all of the old parts on the commercial line then they would have rolled in the new stuff.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Thank you that's what I was looking for

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Isn't it likely that the IOP guns are nothing more than commercial production firearms with factory night sights and an extra mag? That seems to be the case with other "LE" guns from other makers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Isn't it likely that the IOP guns are nothing more than commercial production firearms with factory night sights and an extra mag? That seems to be the case with other "LE" guns from other makers.
    Likely this plus an extra QC check or two before it goes out the door.

Even so, my agency Armorers inspect every .Gov contract gun that comes in and stil finds some issues.

The only guns likely getting “special parts” are those required by Agency contract.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-16-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Here's a bit of info that might help answer some of the questions about the civilian and military guns:

Just ordered the no safety version, I'll let you guys know first impressions in a week, my guess is it will run like my other P320's, but what WILL be different is this will be my first dot pistol, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I didn't feel like it was 1911-esque at all.
    I have to agree. Both the Commemorative and Commercial versions that I handled had stiff safeties. I’d choose the version without a thumb safety if I were to go the M17 route.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If anyone watched this video and wants to summarize the salient points, I'd certainly appreciate it.
    What I got out of it (from what I could actually hear):

1. The current contract guns will have the latest "voluntary upgrade" parts
    2. There will be a SIG Romeo that fits the Leupold DP footprint
    3. There will likely be a 1-5000 and/or a full cataloged M18 version too.
    4. The tamper resistant parts are being eliminated. Maybe I heard that part wrong?
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-19-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Also, the current guns will have black controls instead of tan like the initial shipments.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What I got out of it (from what I could actually hear):

1. The current contract guns will have the latest "voluntary upgrade" parts
    2. There will be a SIG Romeo that fits the Leupold DP footprint
    3. There will likely be a 1-5000 and/or a full cataloged M18 version too.
    4. The tamper resistant parts are being eliminated. Maybe I heard that part wrong?
    On #4, the tamper-resistant takedown lever was eliminated, but not the rear extractor spring guide.

User Tag List