Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG M17 Commercial Version coming in August 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The news reporter could know even less. Maybe the quotes are taken out of context.
    I'm sure the reporter knows less, but I'm not so sanguine about the other.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Just as depressing as listening to cops talk about handguns. Actually, that's worse...because every cop is issued a handgun and carries it every day as their primary weapon.

What's really depressing is that the "advantage" of modular pistols, and the ability to fit more shooters hands', plus the rationale for night sights, ambidextrous controls, etc., was probably clearly explained to them. This is what they got from that explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Just as depressing as listening to politicians talk about handguns.
    Fixed it for you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Name:  M17.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  29.6 KB

Finish seems really soft, my sight pusher has padded arms to hold the slide in place and it slightly marred the slide. Haven't had a chance to shoot it as my range has been shutdown for maintenance, but hopefully soon. Mine is marked M17 with all the gear, but didn't have the safety. Got it as a dealer demo so it was a deal I couldn't pass up. Put it in the x series frame as it felt better. Not so sure about the DPP so far, and the front sight is super high so I am curious how it will fit in holsters (first one should be here by next week). I am also curious how the DPP with the rear sight will co-witness.
    Last edited by rathos; 12-07-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post

Mine is marked M17 with all the gear, but didn't have the safety. Got it as a dealer demo so it was a deal I couldn't pass up.
    That's interesting. So your pistol is a 1 of 5,000 commemorative but does not have the safety? Or maybe SIG has standardized the slide markings and just gone with "M17" on all these guns rather than P320-M17 for the commercial version?

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post

Finish seems really soft, my sight pusher has padded arms to hold the slide in place and it slightly marred the slide. Haven't had a chance to shoot it as my range has been shutdown for maintenance, but hopefully soon. Mine is marked M17 with all the gear, but didn't have the safety. Got it as a dealer demo so it was a deal I couldn't pass up. Put it in the x series frame as it felt better. Not so sure about the DPP so far, and the front sight is super high so I am curious how it will fit in holsters (first one should be here by next week). I am also curious how the DPP with the rear sight will co-witness.
    What height front sight? .455? Let us know how it fits.

I need to buy an X-Carry grip module for mine. That whole setup looks really sexy; a lot like the VTAC.

That's interesting. So your pistol is a 1 of 5,000 commemorative but does not have the safety? Or maybe SIG has standardized the slide markings and just gone with "M17" on all these guns rather than P320-M17 for the commercial version?
    No way that's a 1/5K commemorative if it had black controls and no safety. The M17 was supposed to be release in versions with and without the manual safety. Seems his is the M17 commercial without the manual safety.
    Last edited by tcba_joe; 12-10-2018 at 09:58 AM.

AFAIK, there are two pistols marked M-17. The commemorative pistols are only marked M-17, have no reference to P320 on the slide, and have a manual safety. There is a non-limited edition that is marked both M-17 and P320. This model is available with and without a manual safety and in black and coyote. The pistol in the pic has both P320 and M-17 so it's probably not a 1 of 5000 commemorative.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    The pistol in the pic has both P320 and M-17 so it's probably not a 1 of 5000 commemorative.
    Gotcha. The pic is too dark and grainy for me to make out the details using my cell phone.

Site Supporter
    Not one of the commemorative version, it was a dealer sample that my local dealer bought from sig. No safety was on the gun.

User Tag List