Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG M17 Commercial Version coming in August 2018

Have we ever been able to confirm or deny that the military pistols have the lightened trigger but no separate disconnector?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I would have to say not to buy an M17 for two reasons. You will just want another one (which I have a second one on the way already) and all your other pistols will get lonely.

The M17 Bravo shoots like a dream. Sights are dead on, very little recoil (due to size and weight I'm sure), great trigger (just like my other P320s after the trigger upgrade), points well, very good balance, quick on follow up shots.

I started with 250 rounds of 124grn 9mm Blazer Brass right out of the box, no issues at all.
    Then I ran 50 rounds of Critical Duty 135grn +p, again no issues. Both rounds very accurate.

Bought a BladeTech OWB for it until my Milt Sparks order comes in.

I'm a 1911 guy and could never find a Polymer pistol that I thought could rival my 1911s (Wison / Guncrafter) in shooting accurately. I know huge statement but the M17 is a good one.

I was checking one out last Saturday. It was pretty nice. Trigger was good and the thumb safety just perfect.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I was checking one out last Saturday. It was pretty nice. Trigger was good and the thumb safety just perfect.
    See, that's interesting. For me, the thumb safety is "meh" at best - just goes to show how individual individuals are! Oh, and the two at the local cop shop have the usual wildly varying triggers - one is decent, the other is a nightmare.

On the military pistols, I've examined a couple of examples. Some early M17s have lightened trigger but not disconnect. Others have the disconnect cut in the slide, but no disconnect (?). Others are completely "upgraded."

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I would have to say not to buy an M17 for two reasons. You will just want another one (which I have a second one on the way already) and all your other pistols will get lonely.

The M17 Bravo shoots like a dream. Sights are dead on, very little recoil (due to size and weight I'm sure), great trigger (just like my other P320s after the trigger upgrade), points well, very good balance, quick on follow up shots.

I started with 250 rounds of 124grn 9mm Blazer Brass right out of the box, no issues at all.
    Then I ran 50 rounds of Critical Duty 135grn +p, again no issues. Both rounds very accurate.

Bought a BladeTech OWB for it until my Milt Sparks order comes in.

I'm a 1911 guy and could never find a Polymer pistol that I thought could rival my 1911s (Wison / Guncrafter) in shooting accurately. I know huge statement but the M17 is a good one.
    So does the thumb safety feel like a 1911 as far as placement goes? I don't expect it to click on and off like a good 1911, but if it feels like it's in the right location fr my 1911 trained hand I could go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    So does the thumb safety feel like a 1911 as far as placement goes? I don't expect it to click on and off like a good 1911, but if it feels like it's in the right location fr my 1911 trained hand I could go for it.
    It is not 1911 in location. Close I guess but not quite right. Still, if you're used to working the safety on a 1911, you probably won't have any troubles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Has anyone ordered an M17 through the Mil/LE SigAPP program? The SKU seems to be the same but they list it as the 'APP edition' on the sigapp website. The M17 is likely to be my next handgun purchase and I'm wondering if there's any quantifiable difference in the M17's sold through the SigAPP program or just sold commercially through normal distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I didn't feel like it was 1911-esque at all.

I have no issue going back and forth between my M17 bravo and 1911s. The thumb safety is positive and easy to engage and disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I didn't feel like it was 1911-esque at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Has anyone ordered an M17 through the Mil/LE SigAPP program? The SKU seems to be the same but they list it as the 'APP edition' on the sigapp website. The M17 is likely to be my next handgun purchase and I'm wondering if there's any quantifiable difference in the M17's sold through the SigAPP program or just sold commercially through normal distributors.
    The only thing I read is on the other 320 thread is that the IOP guns were "duty grade" I have no idea if that extends to the other models. Perhaps less mim parts?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List