Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG M17 Commercial Version coming in August 2018

Site Supporter
    .455 front site for sure. It is huge. Waiting on a holster to see if it even fits in one. Should be here this week. I like the x-carry module for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    What height front sight? .455? Let us know how it fits.

I need to buy an X-Carry grip module for mine. That whole setup looks really sexy; a lot like the VTAC.

No way that's a 1/5K commemorative if it had black controls and no safety. The M17 was supposed to be release in versions with and without the manual safety. Seems his is the M17 commercial without the manual safety.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-23-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    If you've ever scrolled down to the comments section of a Garand Thumb video and spent the rest of the day crying in the shower, go ahead and hit that subscribe button.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    that is a good looking gun.. and I hate FDE

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    The amount of derp in that article being attributed to active duty service members is astounding... Apparently, the Sig can be fired one handed, which was something the Beretta was incapable of. Do tell... Also, it will revolutionize close quarters battle because it can be fired one handed. A pistol is going to revolutionize battle... Part of me is shocked by the level of ignorance regarding firearms in the army, but another part of me isn't at all. I watched an E6 shoot a 3 on the rifle qual during our last qual. He claimed there was something wrong with his weapon. Out of morbid curiosity, I took his weapon and shot a 35 on the same lane. Methinks the problem may be the Indian.
    I've seen more than few firearms review channels (Military Arms, Small Arms Solutions) opine about how it made little sense for the Army to switch over to an entirely new pistol after the US has begun to withdraw from its major conflicts. I'm inclined to agree. The M9 Beretta and its updated variants were perfectly usable as combat sidearms. And the biggest complaint with the outgoing sidearm (lack of "stopping power") certainly doesn't get addressed if you simply switch to another pistol chambered in 9mm. That's an ammo issue, not a firearm issue, and one that is largely dictated by the Hague Conventions.

Personally, I think the M4/M16's and M249's are more deserving of an update and/or replacement before a standard-issue sidearm is...pistols are mostly confined to holster duty and/or armory storage for combat arms units anyways.

Vending Machine Operator
    I am far more interested in the 18 than the 17.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Nice!

Interesting to read the report vice the SIG press release...

“To improve the reliability with ball ammunition without degrading any of the other attributes of the weapon, the vendor made adjustments to the magazine spring, magazine follower, slide geometry, and the internal components.”

Curious to hear more about these adjustments and whether they will be incorporated into the 320 line.

In any case, it seems the Army sorted out the issues that were reported last year with the XM17. The reported XM18 reliability is very encouraging.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the USAF and USMC adopt the M18 in greater numbers than the M17.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 02-05-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I am far more interested in the 18 than the 17.

The article I posted was about the M18.

User Tag List