Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
@caleb That makes perfect sense. Assuming for the sake of discussion that the experience of @Enel is about the same as mine, the next question might be "Does it matter in the context of defensive (as opposed to competitive) shooting?" IIRC @Dagga Boy mentioned that some elite units work with .5 splits rather than max speed in order to maximize accuracy and round accountability. Accurate (10 ring on a B-8 at five yards) .5 splits are doable for me with either gun using both hands on a square range. I agree that faster would be better if I could maintain that accuracy, but is the juice worth the squeeze?
I can get a DAO auto like my 92D down to about 0.25ish splits, whereas my 92F I can run around 0.17, so I’d agree that 0.08 is about the “difference.” Here’s the thing though, and where I agree with DB - I have a very hard time imagining a purely defensive shooting situation where I’d NEED to shoot 0.17 splits to achieve victory. I generally agree with the idea that for purely a defensive shooter, 0.30 is a perfectly acceptable “fast” speed, since at that speed you’re shooter just slower than it takes for your brain to process visual stimulus.