Thread: Question About Scoped Stainless/Synthetic Remington 700 ADL

Question About Scoped Stainless/Synthetic Remington 700 ADL

I'm seeing these for sale at what look like pretty good prices. Anyone know who makes that scope? It will probably go straight to the junk drawer, but I'm curious. Also, are there other issues with them that should keep me from buying one?

thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm seeing these for sale at what look like pretty good prices. Anyone know who makes that scope? It will probably go straight to the junk drawer, but I'm curious. Also, are there other issues with them that should keep me from buying one?

thanks,

Okie John
    Got a link to an ad or something so we can get a look at the glass?

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bol...ynthetic-scope

I'm seeing on other sites that the scope is a POS.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 07-19-2018 at 12:05 AM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Here's how I look at these type combo deals...if the scope has no brand name on it you're probably getting something that might work for certain applications but I wouldn't expect much. You might be pleasantly surprised or you may have to replace it and give that one away or use it for a back up.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the ADL model is the bargain grade of 700 so the stock might not be great either...but it then again it may be a great deal. Take a close look before buying and see if the stock is flimsy (flexes) or is touching the barrel on either side. Is it free-floated or does it have a pressure pad built into the stock under the barrel. Then you'll have to decide if it's worth your time and money based on how much work you may have to put into it to bring it to your standards...but I think you gotta get your hands on one and look at it.

The big thing is considering what you want the rifle for...use it as is for hunting or do you want to make a "build" out of it.

User Tag List