Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rudy Project eye pro ... opinions?

The Rudy Project eye pro ... opinions?

The Rudy Project eye pro

So I’ve been wanting to try a pair of these for a while now. I know they have some pretty good endorsements, including our host TLG who wears them.

I am currently wearing Revision Sawflys. I have a kit that includes grey & clear in a soft zippered case. I believe these provide great protection but aren’t the most comfortable to wear for long periods. They don’t quit e fit my face. The ear pieces adjust for length but not width so they kind of bow out on me and this contributes (along with my choice of ear pro) to uncomfortable ears after a long day of shooting. I have a pair of clear Wiley-X eye pro as a back-up. They are OK but I don’t love them either.

Back to the Rudy Project ….

I am curious who all wears them or has tried them? What is your experience with them compared to other brands you’ve worn? What frames do you prefer and why? What lens technology do you wear and why? What color(s) do you prefer and why?

I am particularly interested in these …
    http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner_de...em_id=SP048406

I was not sure what the difference in Racing Red vs ImpactX Photochromatic Red was so I called their customer service yesterday. I was told the Racing Red would stay the same tint/color and would help brighten up things a good bit BUT they weren’t ballistic rated. The ImpactX Photo would change tint based on the amount of UV they were exposed to. They were ballistic rated but they wouldn’t have the brightening effect of the Racing Red. Now I don’t know what to get. I feel the ballistic rating is necessary but am disappointed the Photo lenses don’t have the same brightening effect.

It’s a lot of $ to spend and not get exactly what you want. Thoughts?

Ask 00bullitt. He has that same frame with red lenses. I saw them on Sunday. I assume he has the impact x lenses but not sure.

I also read ToddG's review from P-T.com (2009 I think). It is very favorable and has some good info.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Site Supporter
    I use the Noyz w/ Impact X photochromic lenses in red, gray and clear. I use the clear ones indoors, and the red at outdoor ranges. The red really helps in overcast days.

I had the Rydons, but were these are a better fit.

They have a great exchange/return policy, if you get the wrong ones, just send them back. Heck, you could even order 2X as much gear as you plan to keep and return what's not quite right.

Don't forget to use a 40% off coupon.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 AM.

I was just about to start a similar thread. I just got a pair of Rydons and don't think the side coverage is going to be adequate. I also got the photo red impactx lenses so I'll probably at least look through them to check it out, but they're most likely going back for something different. FWIW I have a fairly large melon.

I wear the ekynox SX with the impactX photochromic clear lenses. I love them. I chose the ekynox SX because I have a smaller head and most wraparound glasses stick out to far on the sides. They fit great and are super comfortable.

The photo-clear lenses are great for 90% of all light conditions. They're a little darker than pure clear in dark conditions but not very much. I sometimes use cheapo clear safety glasses for dark house IDPA stages, especially if I'm up at the top of the order after coming inside.

If I was regularly on the water in bright sun, I'd get a pair of the impactx photopolarized gray lenses to switch to.

They're expensive, but a quality product, and I'm happy with my purchase. I use them as general purpose sunglasses, so the cost amortizes over a lot of wear. Being able to get brand new replacement lenses for $20 doesn't hurt either.

I have the Noyz and Rydons. The Rydons are slightly larger. I use the RX insert and the Rydons are better for them as they don't touch my eye brows. I prefer the Rydon's while wearing ear pro. If you don't use the RX insert the Noyz are fine, otherwise get the Rydon's.

Check out the UNREAL deal's. You can get Rydon's or Noyz with laser black lenses for ~$78 right now. Add an extra pair or two of lenses (photo clear for indoors and photo red for outdoors) to make a great setup. Make sure you get 40% off the lenses.

My son has a pair of GENETYK's with laser black lenses for life guarding. He loves them.

I even wear Rudy frames for every day usage... (Metyum).

I like Rudy.

I forgot to mention I have in my possession right now one of the GENETYK shooting kits I borrowed from a buddy to try out.

I like the way the frames fit my head but would prefer something that looks less like a shooting glass/safety glass and more like casual wear frames. That's why I like the NOYZ frames. They appear to have as much wrap around in the lenses but just different around the nose piece. I could be wrong. I'm going off the website pics only.

The Genetyk and the Noyz will fit very much the same. If you like the Genetyk fit you'll like the Noyz fit. I use my Noyz frames as everyday sunglasses with the photo red lenses. The Rydon's stay in the shooting bag.

Quote Originally Posted by beastfrog View Post
    Check out the UNREAL deal's. You can get Rydon's or Noyz with laser black lenses for ~$78 right now. Add an extra pair or two of lenses (photo clear for indoors and photo red for outdoors) to make a great setup. Make sure you get 40% off the lenses.
    That IS a good deal.

Can someone PM me the 40% code? Thanks.

User Tag List