Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hexmag aftermarket Glock Magazine

Hexmag aftermarket Glock Magazine

Just saw this on Soldier Systems. Looks like a nice design. Anyone handle one yet?

The design incorporates what users have come to expect from Hexmag: proprietary advanced composites for strength and reliability. The signature HextureÔ finish creates a more secure grip in all environmental conditions. Textured serrations on the front of the magazine body provide for rapid indexing during magazine changes. A self-lubricating anti-tilt follower allows for ease of loading and flawless operation. A heat treated stainless-steel spring offers a lifetime of trouble free performance. The new Hexmag GLOCK also features Hexmag’s tool-less takedown and HexIDcolor identification system, increasing safe operation and personalization.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/07/17...ible-magazine/

Available at Amchar and Midway.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    Given the poor performance of hex mag’s AR mags I have serious doubts about these.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Given the poor performance of hex mag’s AR mags I have serious doubts about these.
    I second this. I have seen some perfectly reliable guns take a shit with hexmags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tool-less take down sounds great. I have only been able to disassemble my Glock OEM magazines with the Jaws of Life. (Perhaps a clue I should not be disassembling them, of course.)

But aside from that, at a price point near to if not identical to Glock OEM magazines, it seem hard to figure out what advantages they have.

The Ad copy mentions all the right Tier 1 Operator words though: "Rapid Indexing", "Advanced Composites", "Signature Finish". Should sell like hot cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I am with you on this one. I bought a couple of hex mags out of curiosity. They have been garbage. I can't see another offering from them being any better. I will just keep using PMags and Steel GI with no-tilts in my ARs and Glock mags in my Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    The tool-less take down sounds great. I have only been able to disassemble my Glock OEM magazines with the Jaws of Life. (Perhaps a clue I should not be disassembling them, of course.)

But aside from that, at a price point near to if not identical to Glock OEM magazines, it seem hard to figure out what advantages they have.

The Ad copy mentions all the right Tier 1 Operator words though: "Rapid Indexing", "Advanced Composites", "Signature Finish". Should sell like hot cakes.
    While you definitely need a Glock tool or punch to disassemble them, Glock mags are extremely easy/quick to disassemble once you learn the correct technique. I can check for a video later, but I'm sure there are some out there on youtube showing proper disassembly with just a Glock tool.

I just don't see the point in buying any aftermarket Glock magazine when the factory mags are so cheap. It can't be worth any potential trade off in reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post

I just don't see the point in buying any aftermarket Glock magazine when the factory mags are so cheap. It can't be worth any potential trade off in reliability.

This!

I also do not see the point of aftermarket Glock magazines. Maybe for training, like what people say about the Magpuls, but even for training I rather use OEM glock mags.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    This!

I also do not see the point of aftermarket Glock magazines. Maybe for training, like what people say about the Magpuls, but even for training I rather use OEM glock mags.
    I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and 3 Gun...and when the PMags first came out a bunch of us were given 10 MagPul magazines as long as we gave a "fair and impartial evaluation" after each match. I used them in matches, in training, and in a few classes I took at Gunsite and at Thunder Ranch. My fair and honest opinion was this: "They tended to function to a median average of about 5ooo rounds, then they developed serious spring tension issues that I never experienced with factory magazines after many more rounds than that".

I honestly believe that for Glock...factory magazines are the only way to go for duty, and personal defense. On the other hand....I'd take a PMag to a fight any day. I used them for the last 5 years I was on the job in my patrol rifle. I used them in 3Gun and in classes. The PMag just flat works...and so far...forever.

Why would anyone add serrations to the front of the mag body on a pistol mag?! That just seems like a horrible way to get magazines to hang up once you incorporate dirt and debris...

Quote Originally Posted by Kan S LaTrans View Post
    I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and 3 Gun...and when the PMags first came out a bunch of us were given 10 MagPul magazines as long as we gave a "fair and impartial evaluation" after each match. I used them in matches, in training, and in a few classes I took at Gunsite and at Thunder Ranch. My fair and honest opinion was this: "They tended to function to a median average of about 5ooo rounds, then they developed serious spring tension issues that I never experienced with factory magazines after many more rounds than that".

I honestly believe that for Glock...factory magazines are the only way to go for duty, and personal defense. On the other hand....I'd take a PMag to a fight any day. I used them for the last 5 years I was on the job in my patrol rifle. I used them in 3Gun and in classes. The PMag just flat works...and so far...forever.
    Good info; I was waived off pmags for my G19.5 early on (I'm a noob) and bought a bunch of Glock factory mags.

Do you have any thoughts on the 12 round pmags for the G26.5? I bought one as an experiment, but recent posts here seem to question it's reliability for EDC purposes. I use my Glock OEM +2 extention on a factory 10 rounder for my EDC when I have the G26.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-18-2018 at 02:57 PM.

User Tag List