Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Fire Through Their Own Windshield

Police Fire Through Their Own Windshield

Not sure if fit was posted here on site already or this is the right section.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/581016629...#sp=show-clips

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Not sure if fit was posted here on site already or this is the right section.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/581016629...#sp=show-clips
    This was already posted in the LE UOF video thread.

Shooting through ones own windshield is not uncommon. It is faster and in some cases more accurate than other options.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This was already posted in the LE UOF video thread.

Shooting through ones own windshield is not uncommon. It is faster and in some cases more accurate than other options.
    It’s something we practice every other year or so. If you’ve never done it the trick is to shoot through the same hole as much as possible.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’m personally aware of a former LSP co-worker who was rushed by a driver on a traffic stop. Driver started shooting as he ran back towards the trooper’s car. Trooper drew and got hits through the windshield and dropped him at the driver’s side door. A most excellent response by the Trooper, who drew from inside the vehicle and put multiple hits on the guy. Happy ending with dead dude and uninjured good guy.
    Last edited by LSP552; 07-18-2018 at 06:45 AM.

I was wondering how effective shooting through one's own windshield would be.

Do most duty rounds perform well when firing through two sets of glass, or glass then sheet metal as the case was in Vegas?

I like this one:

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    It’s something we practice every other year or so. If you’ve never done it the trick is to shoot through the same hole as much as possible.
    Funny you mentioned this. A couple years ago we wanted to bring some old cars to the sheriffs Range we use but they would not ok it because they had issues with another agency shooting up cars and then not disposing of them.

Our solution was damaged windshields donated by an auto glass company. We built a 2x4 frame to hold the windshields and placed the frame on a folding table with a folding chair as the “driver’s seat.”

One of our guys had occasion to return fire through his windshield earlier this year and cited this training as part of his decision to do so.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-18-2018 at 09:29 AM.

If you practice this regularly, wear a HEPA mask. The microscopic pieces of glass aren’t something you want in your lungs repeatedly. Also another good reason (aside from RULE ONE: LOOK COOL) to wear shades during the day and clear or amber glasses at night when on patrol. Body substance isolation, OC overspray/OC attack/chemical irritants, glass particles from shooting, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reload at the end was interesting. Almost looked like the officer was doing a revolver reload with a Glock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    The reload at the end was interesting. Almost looked like the officer was doing a revolver reload with a Glock.
    Good observation.

Notice two things:

The service stripes on the officers sleeve and the part of the video where the officer puts his left thumb over the back of his hand.

What is learned first is learned best. I strongly suspect this officer was intially trained with / carried a revolver.

User Tag List