Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Fire Through Their Own Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I like this one:

I’d seen some of that incident but apparently not the whole thing. Guy got a full-auto smackdown, and deservedly so.

That kind of decisive and necessarily aggressive use of force is what needs to be happening instead of this whole emphasis on de-escalation when dealing with those who are a significant lethal threat to officers and the public.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good observation.

Notice two things:

The service stripes on the officers sleeve and the part of the video where the officer puts his left thumb over the back of his hand.

What is learned first is learned best. I strongly suspect this officer was intially trained with / carried a revolver.
    My first thoughts as well but now I'm not so sure. One article I read said the officer is 37. Kinda young to be reverting to revolver training. I think he may have switched the gun to his left hand so his right was free to put the car in park. Kept it in his left during the reload because of stress. Then just had the same shitty grip we've all seen countless people use.
    Last edited by scjbash; 07-18-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m personally aware of a former LSP co-worker who was rushed by a driver on a traffic stop. Driver started shooting as he ran back towards the trooper’s car. Trooper drew and got hits through the windshield and dropped him at the driver’s side door. A most excellent response by the Trooper, who drew from inside the vehicle and put multiple hits on the guy. Happy ending with dead dude and uninjured good guy.
    Well... he’s lost a lot of hearing but that’s immeasurably better than losing lots of blood!

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Name:  A8AC8684-91DE-48CB-B073-6862E9AEAC18.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  56.5 KB

User Tag List