Page 98 of 189 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I'm going to go across to my neighbor's range and burn a box (plus 10) of 147 gr HST in a couple minutes. I'll report back.

Will check OEM 10, 12 and 15 magazines.

Mine is a breech face cut version purchased a year ago at the same time as @TC215 from same vendor. I think our serial numbers are 2 apart.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I am curious why you excluded the part about using OEM magazines and then spun a general recommendation into an extreme generality?

Because the general recommendation to have a pistol clean, lubed, and held correctly to function is making excuses for substandard reliability.

It takes a very extreme amount of filth not commonly encountered to adversely affect the function of a Glock pistol.

I recently cleaned a G17 that was absolutely packed full of dead skin cells, lint, dried sweat, dust, splashings from Dr Pepper, and Copenhagen spit cups.

The gun ran perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Because the general recommendation to have a pistol clean, lubed, and held correctly to function is making excuses for substandard reliability.

It takes a very extreme amount of filth not commonly encountered to adversely affect the function of a Glock pistol.

I recently cleaned a G17 that was absolutely packed full of dead skin cells, lint, dried sweat, dust, splashings from Dr Pepper, and Copenhagen spit cups.

The gun ran perfectly fine.
    Socrates strikes again.

Okay, back from the neighbor's, gun cleaned and loaded.

A little back story first...

When I got this gun last year, I purchased two 12 round OEM mags from an online vendor to complement the OEM 10 rounders it came with. These 12 rounders were the version with an orange #6 follower. The OEM 10 round mags were a #7 follower.

The first time I took the gun out to run it, I had a failure to feed in one of the 12 round magazines. I didn't get too concerned as the rest of the mags I shot were without incident, and I thought that maybe I had put some pressure on the mag release with my support hand, since some folks had reported issues like this with full 12 rounders.

I have since been gifted another OEM 12 rounder, with a black #6 follower.

Today, I again had, (two this time), failures to feed with one of the orange follower OEM 12 round mags. The other two 12 round OEM magazines fed fine, as did a 15 round OEM with a #6 follower, and an OEM 10 round magazine with a #7 follower.

So, the failed mag has been tossed into the "do not use" pile for eventual replacement if I have to send something back to Glock.

I'm going to continue carrying it as I have been...with a 10 round magazine (#7 follower) loaded, and a 15 round magazine as the reload (#6 follower).

That's my story for what it's worth.

Follower numbers

My 26.5 came with 3 10-round followers marked "7". The 6 Glock 12-round magazines come with the #7 too. All are orange in color. So far they all function 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    My 26.5 came with 3 10-round followers marked "7". The 6 Glock 12-round magazines come with the #7 too. All are orange in color. So far they all function 100%.
    My orange follower 12 round OEM mags must've come from older stock, obviously...but the fact remains that one orange follower #6, and one black follower #6, each in a 12 round OEM magazine, functioned properly...along with a 10 round, (#7), and a 15 round, (#6).

So, I'm chalking it up to one lemon magazine in the group. Which is way preferable to it being an issue with the gun itself.

I had about 5 G26 magazines with the #6 orange follower that were clearly gen 4 mags, those are the ones that have created any problems I have had. Probably a failure to feed or failure to extract/eject of some sort about every 100 rounds or less with those 6's, those mags got new "7" followers and the problems went away.....it did not seem to be ammo specific at all.

I ran about 2,500 rounds through my 26.5 before I finally affirmed that for my gun, the follower association with my problems with the gun's reliablity problems. I was marking mags where the problem happened, changing RSA's, even the ejector housing itself. The infrequent nature and the fact that sometimes it was a different malfunction drove me crazy for a while.

Any magazine 10 or 12 round I load for serious social purposes has a "7" follower.

Sample of one. I have no idea what it is about since when I look at a 6 and a 7 they look about the same to me.

So my wife and I have never had a bit of trouble with numerous Gen 3/4 26 pistols. Are these issues with Gen 5 26 widely known — I don’t recall this thread discussing reliability problems until now?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If they’re that picky about followers something is definitely up.

I don’t remember if my Gen5 26s came with 6 or 7 followers but I had a pile of old 26 mags that I used with my Gen 3&4 that had 9mm-3, 5, and 6 followers and never had an issue ever.

Unlike .40 followers that constantly seemed to be updated, wasn't the #6 follower the 9mm follower for like 20 years?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List