Page 96 of 189 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    None of the shops around me carry them either.

They say they are super hard to get rid of.
    Wait - they can’t sell 26.5s? Most places I know can’t keep them in stock, they have three buyers for every gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I tried to get an update on when the 26.5 MOS would be out and didn't learn anything promising. It is an ideal candidate for a red dot and it is a shame you need to get it direct milled. I am also not aware of any non OEM 26.5 slide options, optics ready or otherwise.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I tried to get an update on when the 26.5 MOS would be out and didn't learn anything promising. It is an ideal candidate for a red dot and it is a shame you need to get it direct milled. I am also not aware of any non OEM 26.5 slide options, optics ready or otherwise.
    I've been trolling this thread for that exact update, guess I'll keep waiting. Thanks for trying to phish some data for us George.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Wait - they can’t sell 26.5s? Most places I know can’t keep them in stock, they have three buyers for every gun.

Nope. I ordered one last year because they didn’t stock them. Pretty big blue label dealer in Houston TX.

I tried to trade it in and the owner told me he won’t take them on trade or stock them because 1) they don’t sell, and 2)
    Too many come back reliability issues.

That was the first I had ever heard about reliability issues, but 2/2 of my Gen5 26s were not reliable.

Go figure.

Site Supporter
    Nope. I ordered one last year because they didn’t stock them. Pretty big blue label dealer in Houston TX.

I tried to trade it in and the owner told me he won’t take them on trade or stock them because 1) they don’t sell, and 2)
    Too many come back reliability issues.

That was the first I had ever heard about reliability issues, but 2/2 of my Gen5 26s were not reliable.

Go figure.
    I had Gen 5 26 that would not run either. I went back to my Gen3 26's.

Who else has had issues with their 26.5? I’m only about 1000 rounds in, and have had no problems.

@M2CattleCo , @steve - can you guys please give some particulars? What was the issue, what ammunition, etc?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Who else has had issues with their 26.5? I’m only about 1000 rounds in, and have had no problems.

@M2CattleCo , @steve - can you guys please give some particulars? What was the issue, what ammunition, etc?

Both of mine would do this with 124 and 147 grain Lawman and HST, with factory 10, 15, and 17 round mags.

I’m thinking about trying again with a Wolff 14lb recoil spring.

Both of mine would do this with 124 and 147 grain Lawman and HST, with factory 10, 15, and 17 round mags.

I’m thinking about trying again with a Wolff 14lb recoil spring.
    Interesting. 124g Lawman FMJ is my usual practice ammunition and accounts for around 800 of what I’ve put through mine with no issues. All has been with factory 10 round mags. About 50 of the rest was Lawman 147. I haven’t tried HST, my current carry ammunition is 124 GDSB of which I’ve put 100 through the gun.

One thing I changed in mine was a Glock OEM extended slide stop as an accommodation for my FU thumb. Nothing else I did would be on point (SCD, GeePlate, Glock OEM mag release.)
    Ken

No problems with 100 rounds 147 gr Blazer or 100 rounds with NATO spec ammo. Used factory 10 & 12 round magazines. Glock 26 gen 5 USA made, using smaller beavertail backstrap.

User Tag List