Page 85 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I didn’t realize we had a millionaire among us.
    Well, it is a 26, so that’s only 10 rounds. 11, if he topped off before holstering. So, like $20. Dinner for two at Burger King or Chipotle.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you have good eyesight the red dot will be less of a marksmanship advantage for you then for those with older or otherwise compromised eyesight.

However, the other big advantage is that being threat focused allows you to gather more information and make better shoot no shoot decisions.
    That’s why I started the journey. However, I posted in another thread that I noticed from shooting my red dots on ARs even my pistol shooting with irons is primarily threat or target focused. I didn’t realize it was “a thing” until I consciously thought about it. There’s a thread on it that gave me an “aha!” moment.

I think I was expecting a red dot on a pistol to feel the same as it does on an AR and it just doesn’t. I don’t have any trouble finding the dot, it just feels like it complicates things up close compared to irons. Add in worrying about adjusting brightness, batteries, fogging, rain, debris, etc. and it’s quickly moved out of the “grab and go enjoy my life” category.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I didn’t realize we had a millionaire among us.

Joined the 26 club today. Still need a gadget, holster and HD’s.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Joined the 26 club today. Still need a gadget, holster and HD’s.
    Welcome.

In this club we do not require:

- A custom $300 plastic grip to fill an adult hand
    - 115gr Gold Dots to ensure function
    - Aftermarket internals or triggers

Best of all, you have a gun that is fully reliable with any type of 9mm ammo, fits all of your other Glock accessories, and shoots as well (or better) than it’s bigger brothers. Cant get past the two finger grip? A $7 magazine extension fixes that.

I think you’ll enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Welcome.

In this club we do not require:

- A custom $300 plastic grip to fill an adult hand
    - 115gr Gold Dots to ensure function
    - Aftermarket internals or triggers

Best of all, you have a gun that is fully reliable with any type of 9mm ammo, fits all of your other Glock accessories, and shoots as well (or better) than it’s bigger brothers. Cant get past the two finger grip? A $7 magazine extension fixes that.

I think you’ll enjoy your time here.
    I already have enjoyed it thanks for all your and others input. @blues is the one who first caught my attention with the 26/17 combo in post going back quite sometime. Instead of a 17 however I ended up with a 45 MOS in case I change my mind and decide to try RDS. Even better my son is home from college to watch his little sister graduate so we plan on putting a few rounds through them and the Js before he heads back. Just sold the last of the 320s so I was hilbilly rich and the blue label pricing didnt hurt either.
    ETA And they had multiples of each so I got to pick the ones that had the best triggers. I need all the help I can get.

Site Supporter
    A Glock 26 with a quality thumb safety and an SCD would be my dream carry gun. It is not only a quality weapon, but is also the coolest of the Glocks in my opinion.

@GAP @blues & any others
    Holsters
    For those of you who prefer the 26 at 3-4 what holsters are you using?
    For those of you running AIWB Im a little confused Ive seen mention of the George a couple times. Is this a departure from an AIWB you normally use for other guns 🙋*♂️ 🤷*♂️
    Is the 26 going to be harder to find a holster for carry at appendix?

I've been carrying my G26 Gen 5 IWB at 3:30 in a G19 JMCK IWB#3 with the steel clip and am very happy with it. A plus is that it's a quick ship item.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    #UNK It is super easy to find a good kydex holster for the "stubby". For OWB, RCS makes a Perun just for it. I have one and it is just plain awesome. For AIBW the JMCK or DSG offerings are awesome. FWIW, I use a G19 length holster for AIWB. G17 is too long for me to do AIWB. The "George" from JMCK is pretty cool but the regular AIWB "fits" me the best. YMMV. For leather holsters, I am a Kramer leather fan.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    @GAP @blues & any others
    Holsters
    For those of you who prefer the 26 at 3-4 what holsters are you using?
    For those of you running AIWB Im a little confused Ive seen mention of the George a couple times. Is this a departure from an AIWB you normally use for other guns 🙋*♂️ 🤷*♂️
    Is the 26 going to be harder to find a holster for carry at appendix?
    JMCK IWB#3 for hip. I’m not a big appendix fan.

User Tag List