Page 63 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Where did you find them?
    Midwest Gunworks, but I might've cleaned them out -- the initial amount I added to my cart was more than their stock.

Well, I finally got back out to the range. The 3M safety walk tape continues to impress with wet or cold hands.

In times like these, I am thankful my beater 26 loves Russian steel cased ammo. I am mostly sticking with 100-150 round range sessions and focusing on draws, Bill drills, and 25 yard slow fire.

I have a feeling that I’ll be in “maintenance mode” for a while.

Name:  4F8F7589-8C49-4606-B12F-9417A4387F0E.jpg
Views: 2889
Size:  92.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Is that the 1" granulate tape or the "conformable" tape from 3M?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Is that the 1" granulate tape or the "conformable" tape from 3M?
    Name:  71EB1BD1-3360-40A7-A84A-E82623740D06.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  59.9 KB

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Safety-Wal.../dp/B0006HVKLK

Site Supporter
    As always, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    First, @GAP that is some impressive shooting.

Next, I have 450 rounds through my G26-5 and I’ve had three stoppages already. I’ve had one failure to feed with a Magpul 12 round mag and Blazer brass. I was ready to let this one go since there have been numerous reports of Gen5 guns having problems with Magpul magazines. Then I had another failure to feed with an OEM G19 magazine with Blazer brass and a failure to eject with an OEM G19 magazine with Speer Lawman. So far I haven’t had any stoppages with the OEM G26 magazines, either flush fitting or with the Pearce +0 pinky extension. I know that some people have had issues with G26s using longer magazines due to pinky pressure on the mag causing a shift in feed angle but I haven’t had these problems with my G26-4 using OEM G19 and G17 magazines.
    Just to add another data point: New 26.5 choked regularly with the Magpul 12 round mags. These are the same mags that my 26 2.5 and 26.3 have run with reliably since I've had the mags. The new gun ran perfectly with OEM 10, 12, 15, and 17 round mags. This was shot with a mix of Fed HST and FMJ and done with a dirty but lubricated pistol sporting the GAP skateboard tape grip mod ;-).
    Last edited by Jason M; 11-25-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Just to add another data point: New 26.5 choked regularly with the Magpul 12 round mags. These are the same mags that my 26 2.5 and 26.3 have run with reliably since I've had the mags. The new gun ran perfectly with OEM 10, 12, 15, and 17 round mags. This was shot with a mix of Fed HST and FMJ and done with a dirty but lubricated pistol sporting the GAP skateboard tape grip mod ;-).
    I haven't even tried my Magpul 12s in my 26.5 due to several reports of failures.

They run perfectly in my 26 2.5, as yours do, to the point where I was comfortable enough carrying them on the street as well as the range.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Yep.. Magpul is no bueno in G26.5... OEM only and if you need an extension go with Pearce or OEM.

Love the safety walk tape; increases my grip significantly and comes out to pennies per application.

My recent live fire was was geared towards my duty G19.4 due to a work opportunity. Now that this has ended, I can go back to vetting my G26.5, at least I would if my range wasn’t currently closed due to the state’s covid shutdown. Why the outdoor range with numerous bays is closed, I couldn’t tell you. If I continue having malfunctions using OEM Glock magazines of various capacities, I’ll contact Glock again. The G26.4 I use as my occasional work BUG and primary off-duty gun hasn’t exhibited problems like this and it mostly ends up being shot with 15, 17, or 24 round Glock OEM magazines with the occasional OEM 12 rounder thrown in.

ETA: that non-slip tape looks interesting. I tried searching for it on Amazon but could only find the 2” and 4” varieties. I’ll see if I can find some at one of the local hardware stores.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    My recent live fire was was geared towards my duty G19.4 due to a work opportunity. Now that this has ended, I can go back to vetting my G26.5, at least I would if my range wasn’t currently closed due to the state’s covid shutdown. Why the outdoor range with numerous bays is closed, I couldn’t tell you. If I continue having malfunctions using OEM Glock magazines of various capacities, I’ll contact Glock again. The G26.4 I use as my occasional work BUG and primary off-duty gun hasn’t exhibited problems like this and it mostly ends up being shot with 15, 17, or 24 round Glock OEM magazines with the occasional OEM 12 rounder thrown in.

ETA: that non-slip tape looks interesting. I tried searching for it on Amazon but could only find the 2” and 4” varieties. I’ll see if I can find some at one of the local hardware stores.
    I put the exact Amazon link in my post above.

User Tag List