Page 62 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just emailed Glock USA to see if they will say anything about the MOS version being available stateside.
    My bet would be that Glock will say that they have no intention of bringing in a G26 MOS the US at this time.

Then right before SHOT 2021, all of a sudden Glock will announce the launch of their new Gen5 G26 MOS...

Either way, I’m buying one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    Please keep us posted with what they say. My $ is waiting.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    My bet would be that Glock will say that they have no intention of bringing in a G26 MOS the US at this time.

Then right before SHOT 2021, all of a sudden Glock will announce the launch of their new Gen5 G26 MOS...

Either way, I’m buying one at some point.
    I suspect this is the case. I might have better luck on the phone where it’s deniable.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I heard back from Glock USA regarding the 26.5 MOS. The rep that responded wasn’t aware of it and had no timeline for when it would be available stateside.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Forgive obvious liberty taken...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I heard back from Glock USA regarding the 26.5 MOS. The rep that responded wasn’t aware of it and had no timeline for when it would be available stateside.

They must not have internet at Glock USA. They'll probably get a telegram in a few days: "New 26.5 MOS in EUSTOP Deny it till after SHOT Show STOP"
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    They must not have internet at Glock USA. They'll probably get a telegram in a few days: "New 26.5 MOS in EUSTOP Deny it till after SHOT Show STOP"
    His comment was “I should look at the .eu website more often.”
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Joe Mac

Joe, this is very interesting and useful info. I did notice yesterday that neither rattles if not "fully" loaded with 12. I may download and follow your lead there, as it upsets my OCD as well.

More interesting yet...these are Gen5 flavor of the 12 round mag. Same but for the orange follower.

Yesterday, on my last string with one of the 12 rounders, I noticed I had a FTF with a round that was nosed into the ramp. I did a tap, (no rack), and fired the round off and the rest was as it was before...flawless.

I noticed when I went to pull the mag out, that it was not fully seated and I wondered if I could have failed to seat it properly, which I was pretty sure I hadn't done...and more likely, now, in light of what you mentioned, probably applied a bit of pressure to the mag release while firing.

This may save me some grief on two counts. Really appreciate your jumping in here with your observations. I owe you a cold one.

ETA: And done. 11 in each. One in the gun. One as a spare. I'll carry the 10 rounder if necessary for concealment. I shoot either as well. But clearly the master grip is better on the larger mag.
    Follow up to this: I picked up a gen5 G26 recently, and noticed the orange followers were #7. All of my other G26 mags have the black #6 follower, and I believe earlier production orange followers were #6 as well. My last armorer class was almost 2 years ago, and we didn't get into differences (if any, at that time) in new 9mm followers.

Anyway.. I put the factory '+' extension on two of the three new mags, and just for laughs (having not yet bothered to visually examine the #7 vs. #6), loaded a 12th round in. I was surprised when they took 12 more readily, seated easily in the gun, and didn't rattle in either event. Best of all, they aren't straining to jettison themselves with slight pressure on the mag catch. It's only been a week, too early to make pronouncements, but with the #7 follower we might finally have a comfortable +2, and that makes me happy.

Blues, are your orange followers #6 or 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Follow up to this: I picked up a gen5 G26 recently, and noticed the orange followers were #7. All of my other G26 mags have the black #6 follower, and I believe earlier production orange followers were #6 as well. My last armorer class was almost 2 years ago, and we didn't get into differences (if any, at that time) in new 9mm followers.

Anyway.. I put the factory '+' extension on two of the three new mags, and just for laughs (having not yet bothered to visually examine the #7 vs. #6), loaded a 12th round in. I was surprised when they took 12 more readily, seated easily in the gun, and didn't rattle in either event. Best of all, they aren't straining to jettison themselves with slight pressure on the mag catch. It's only been a week, too early to make pronouncements, but with the #7 follower we might finally have a comfortable +2, and that makes me happy.

Blues, are your orange followers #6 or 7?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I ordered a bunch of #7 followers today, to install in a pile of G26 mags and see if this is a consistent improvement rather than a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    I ordered a bunch of #7 followers today, to install in a pile of G26 mags and see if this is a consistent improvement rather than a fluke.
    Where did you find them?
    Ken

User Tag List