Page 59 of 189 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    50 rounds of 115gr Wolf Steel “junk” @ 25 yards. I have been doing this cold every range trip before I get into draws and timed drills from concealment.

Attachment 59134
    Excellent!

First, @GAP that is some impressive shooting.

Next, I have 450 rounds through my G26-5 and I’ve had three stoppages already. I’ve had one failure to feed with a Magpul 12 round mag and Blazer brass. I was ready to let this one go since there have been numerous reports of Gen5 guns having problems with Magpul magazines. Then I had another failure to feed with an OEM G19 magazine with Blazer brass and a failure to eject with an OEM G19 magazine with Speer Lawman. So far I haven’t had any stoppages with the OEM G26 magazines, either flush fitting or with the Pearce +0 pinky extension. I know that some people have had issues with G26s using longer magazines due to pinky pressure on the mag causing a shift in feed angle but I haven’t had these problems with my G26-4 using OEM G19 and G17 magazines.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    Here's mine, done by Maple Leaf Firearms. They added the front serrations and deepened the rear ones. This was before the new model with front serrations became available.

Attachment 56435
    Can I ask which iron sights those are?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can I ask which iron sights those are?
    They're Ameriglo GL429's, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    They're Ameriglo GL429's, if I remember correctly.
    Thanks! Trying to determine what sights are needed is a pain, especially since it seems Maple Leaf is a lower cut than most.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks! Trying to determine what sights are needed is a pain, especially since it seems Maple Leaf is a lower cut than most.
    You're welcome. If you go to their site and find the Carry Essentials package, I believe the 429s are the only black front/rear combo they offer with it. Ameriglo offers taller sets, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Next, I have 450 rounds through my G26-5 and I’ve had three stoppages already. I’ve had one failure to feed with a Magpul 12 round mag and Blazer brass. I was ready to let this one go since there have been numerous reports of Gen5 guns having problems with Magpul magazines. Then I had another failure to feed with an OEM G19 magazine with Blazer brass and a failure to eject with an OEM G19 magazine with Speer Lawman. So far I haven’t had any stoppages with the OEM G26 magazines, either flush fitting or with the Pearce +0 pinky extension. I know that some people have had issues with G26s using longer magazines due to pinky pressure on the mag causing a shift in feed angle but I haven’t had these problems with my G26-4 using OEM G19 and G17 magazines.
    that's really a head scratcher to me. The vast majority of rounds through both of my Gen 4 G26s, and my Gen 3 before those were fed from G19 or G17 mags with no issues.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Thanks, Dan — that sucks about the stoppages. I have also heard of it happening for others when using G19 and G17 mags. I haven’t personally encountered the issue, but I grip everything predominantly with my two fingers and do not apply much tension with my pinky. (Even with full size grips I don’t apply much pressure.)

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Thanks, Dan — that sucks about the stoppages. I have also heard of it happening for others when using G19 and G17 mags. I haven’t personally encountered the issue, but I grip everything predominantly with my two fingers and do not apply much tension with my pinky. (Even with full size grips I don’t apply much pressure.)
    For me that is an important grip approach with full grip sized Glocks too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Interesting. I pretty much crush down with all three fingers. I hadn’t thought of not really involving my pinky. I might give it a try.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List