Page 54 of 189 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    My G29 has a new home with my nephew so I'm looking at the G26 G5, but have been reading on P-F and seen the idea of a G19 G5 cut down to accept G26 magazines. Is that something to consider or should I keep looking at the G26 G5? Thank you.
    I went camping with the G26 this weekend. I missed being able to mount a weapon light for the extremely low light back country conditions. This has me reconsidering chopping down a G19 for this purpose.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I went camping with the G26 this weekend. I missed being able to mount a weapon light for the extremely low light back country conditions. This has me reconsidering chopping down a G19 for this purpose.
    I think there is a TLR-6 that fits on the G26. It's only 100 lumens, but it's something.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    You should be receiving a new Gen 5 G26.
    That’s exactly what ended up happening. Glock kept the gun I sent them and mailed me a new one. Someone must have really felt bad about this because the gun I mailed them had plastic sights and the one they mailed me has Glock night sights. I also didn’t mail the three mags from my original gun back, thinking they’d just mail me my gun with the barrel fixed and if not, they would just not include the magazines. The gun they mailed back to me included an additional three mags in its case.

Since I was mailing a package to Glock anyway, I figured I’d include some of my oldest G19 and G17 mags that were beginning to display weak feeding. I assumed Glock would replace the magazine springs with fresh ones. They actually replaced my old mags with brand new ones.

All in all, the folks at Glock really went above and beyond here. Probably the best customer service experience I’ve ever had and one of the reasons I’ll probably be carrying a Glock until we have laser guns.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Great to hear, Dan. They've done me right when I've sent my guns and magazines in the past, and I'm happy to see that the tradition continues.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    That’s exactly what ended up happening. Glock kept the gun I sent them and mailed me a new one. Someone must have really felt bad about this because the gun I mailed them had plastic sights and the one they mailed me has Glock night sights. I also didn’t mail the three mags from my original gun back, thinking they’d just mail me my gun with the barrel fixed and if not, they would just not include the magazines. The gun they mailed back to me included an additional three mags in its case.

Since I was mailing a package to Glock anyway, I figured I’d include some of my oldest G19 and G17 mags that were beginning to display weak feeding. I assumed Glock would replace the magazine springs with fresh ones. They actually replaced my old mags with brand new ones.

All in all, the folks at Glock really went above and beyond here. Probably the best customer service experience I’ve ever had and one of the reasons I’ll probably be carrying a Glock until we have laser guns.
    This is a common response from Glock, with both factory service and assistance from commercial and LE field reps.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Has anyone installed a RDS on their G26? I found out I get a veteran rate with Leopold and the price for a Delta Pro is very economical. I read somewhere on the web there is a G26 MOS but it was military only so now I'm looking at a Gen 5 19 MOS. Or a Gen 5 26 and get it milled. Or wait and see if Glock releases a G26 MOS.
    --Jason--

Now that I have my Gen5 and can use my Gen2.5 for range use and quals, I may actually consider, (having sold some knives recently), getting a "spare".

Lord help me.

At least I'm only in the "consider" stage at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Now that I have my Gen5 and can use my Gen2.5 for range use and quals, I may actually consider, (having sold some knives recently), getting a "spare".
    Not to derail @blues, but I know that feeling. Back in the '80's and '90's I had a single 1911 and my local gunsmith on speed-dial. Then came Glocks and their robustness / ease of maintenance / and "assembly" vs. "fitting" approach to parts replacement. Where I used to have one (relatively speaking) high-maintenance pistol I now have multiple Glocks, none of which are Divas.

If only they could make them pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Not to derail @blues, but I know that feeling. Back in the '80's and '90's I had a single 1911 and my local gunsmith on speed-dial. Then came Glocks and their robustness / ease of maintenance / and "assembly" vs. "fitting" approach to parts replacement. Where I used to have one (relatively speaking) high-maintenance pistol I now have multiple Glocks, none of which are Divas.

They're not pretty?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post

Oh, they have pretty, you just have to pay extra:

Name:  polynesian-pattern.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  56.1 KB
    Name:  Medieval.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  91.3 KB
    Name:  Sugarskull.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  94.6 KB

Pictures grabbed from Dark Alliance Firearms. I have no affiliation with them besides admiring the frames.
    --Jason--

User Tag List