Page 53 of 189 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Does it affect accuracy?
    I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. I plan to get to the range within the next few days. The edges of the crown as it is appear jagged and the transition from the barrel to the crown isn’t smooth. This would cause me great concern with a rifle. I don’t know how bad it would be with a pistol but hope to find out when I get to the range.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. I plan to get to the range within the next few days. The edges of the crown as it is appear jagged and the transition from the barrel to the crown isn’t smooth. This would cause me great concern with a rifle. I don’t know how bad it would be with a pistol but hope to find out when I get to the range.
    Yeah it doesn't look right to me either. I just checked mine (although it's a Gen4) and it has a small chamfered edge.

My sample got its first outing on Friday. I don’t know why, can’t explain it, but I shot that Gen 5 G26 better than I’ve ever shot any G19. Some highlights:

Shot the Super Test twice. Scored 282 and 286. I usually shoot around 293 with a full sized 92, so the small drop off with the subcompact G26 was nice to see.

In addition to the Super Test, I spent some time shooting failure drills, the HiTS two second standards, the immediate incapacitation portion of the Gabe White standards, and a couple of drills shooting 2” dots at 5 yards. The gun ran extremely well. In almost every single drill or test the performance drop off from the Elite LTT 92 I had along with me was small enough that I’d be comfortable using the G26 for carry.

The third gun I had along was a SIG 365. I was/am genuinely hoping I can get either the G26 or the 365 to work well enough for me to be my carry gun when I have really light clothing on in the heat of the summer. The G26 is definitely the leading candidate after Friday. The 365 pinches my finger in such a way that I found 50 rounds to be painful. Likely as not I’ll sell or trade the 365 to go toward a second Gen 5 G26.

Did you ever reach out to Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Did you ever reach out to Glock?
    I contacted Glock Monday morning and had a prepaid FedEx label in my email first thing Tuesday. I shipped the gun back to Glock on Tuesday and there is now a FedEx package on its way back to me from Glock. Tracking has it being delivered on Tuesday but, since it’s currently at the nearby large distribution center, I think I might get it tomorrow.

Glock responded so quickly I never even got to shoot the gun. They didn’t tell me what they did to fix the problem so I don’t know if I’m getting a completely new gun, my gun with a new barrel, or my gun with it’s original barrel properly crowned.

I contacted Glock Monday morning and had a prepaid FedEx label in my email first thing Tuesday. I shipped the gun back to Glock on Tuesday and there is now a FedEx package on its way back to me from Glock. Tracking has it being delivered on Tuesday but, since it’s currently at the nearby large distribution center, I think I might get it tomorrow.

Glock responded so quickly I never even got to shoot the gun. They didn’t tell me what they did to fix the problem so I don’t know if I’m getting a completely new gun, my gun with a new barrel, or my gun with it’s original barrel properly crowned.
    You should be receiving a new Gen 5 G26.

Site Supporter
    My G29 has a new home with my nephew so I'm looking at the G26 G5, but have been reading on P-F and seen the idea of a G19 G5 cut down to accept G26 magazines. Is that something to consider or should I keep looking at the G26 G5? Thank you.
    --Jason--

@Blades...I cut a 19.2 down to take 26 mags and didn't care for it, seemed like I got far more muzzle lift during recoil, maybe the dual recoil springs of a 19.5 would mitigate that.

OTOH, there's a sweet deal on a 26.5 here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....meriglo-Sights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Blades...I cut a 19.2 down to take 26 mags and didn't care for it, seemed like I got far more muzzle lift during recoil, maybe the dual recoil springs of a 19.5 would mitigate that.

OTOH, there's a sweet deal on a 26.5 here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....meriglo-Sights
    Good to know. I have a Gen 4 19. I think I need a 26. I sent him a pm last night.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Good to know. I have a Gen 4 19. I think I need a 26. I sent him a pm last night.
    Duh!

There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List