Page 31 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I talked to the Glock tech guys at SHOT. They are expecting the notch to become standard across the 9mm line. For the 26 specifically they said they probably won’t reprogram the machines solely for the notch, but next time they’re in the code they think they’ll add it.
    Thanks for passing that info on. I’ll probably purchase one when the notch becomes standard on that model.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

My 26 still dribbles brass everywhere and won't run with 17 round mags.

All I'm shooting is 124 American Eagle and 147 HST.

A little internet digging shows that Glock upper the recoil spring weight in the subcompacts recently, which explains why this 26 is about the most difficult to rack I've ever had.

Think a 14lb spring set from Wolff would be a good thing?

https://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm...ID=1&mID=5#123

Just test fired my new to me, lightly used gen 4 a few days ago...ran like a top with 124 ball and hp's. I was using the 10 rd mags though.

Accurate little pistol too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

A little internet digging shows that Glock upper the recoil spring weight in the subcompacts recently, which explains why this 26 is about the most difficult to rack I've ever had.

If you can do without the gun for a while try locking the slide back and let it sit for a week or so, see if that changes anything. I would stick with the factory springs.
    Last edited by steve; 01-28-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Regarding this current member's G26Gen5 ammo ejection issues, here are some thoughts in no particular order:

-Call Glock and maybe send the gun back for their examination.

-Get someone else to shoot this G26Gen5 just to validate a potential problem.

-Obtain another recoil spring assembly (stock RSA), not an aftermarket. Over the many Glocks I've had, occasionally, there was a bad RSA when new.

-Glock's usual method of repair, and to a great extent, diagnosis, is the substitution method to cure a problem. To fix something oneself instead of having Glock fix it, having another identical G26Gen5, but one which works, would be a great thing to have. In this way, various parts can be compared in hopes of identifying a specific part causing a malfunction. Detailed Glock knowledge of assembly/re-assembly is very important to have.

-This could be as simple as the "EDP" put in backwards (to me, this would explain the brass "dribbling out" description), but could also be another part out-of-spec (again, the substitution method to swap parts in & out).

-If the 2nd "control" G26Gen5 is also malfunctioning with a specific shooter, then look toward the shooter, not the gun. Again, the 2nd shooter is also a "control" to verify whether it's a gun problem or a shooter issue.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If you can do without the gun for a while try locking the slide back and let it sit for a week or so, see if that changes anything. I would stick with the factory springs.
    I do not think that will accomplish anything. Repetition of shooting will SLOWLY weaken the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Does the gun run with stock 26 mags?

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Does the gun run with stock 26 mags?
    Yeah but it barely ejects.

I want it to run with 17 round mags to use as reloads.

Gun just doesn't run.

I swapped all the slide and trigger parts with the stuff from a good running 17 and swapped in a recoil spring from an older, but little shot 27.

2 FTFeeds with 10 round mags and barely ejects.

I, and my G27 shooting buddy both shot the 27 fine and the 26 didn't run right for either of us.

I'm sure sending it to Glock may or may not resolve the issue, but it's getting traded on another 17 tonight.

Primary range G26 continues to run like a top with Wolf steel...

Approximately 2.8K steel through it at this point. I shot a few thousand rounds of brass prior to switching this G26 to steel.

User Tag List