Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Curious, is your slide USA or Austria?
    Mine says AUSTRIA.

I have .180” Ameriglo fronts on all of my Glocks paired with the .265” operator rear.
    I started with a 0.165” Ameriglo sight on my G19.5. It shot a little high. I mounted a 0.180” sight and shot POI=POA.

I have the 0.165” on my G26.5 now, and it also shoots a little high. When I get around to it I will get another 0.180” for the G26.5.

I'm looking at getting a 26.5 as my carry pistol here in CT. Being restricted to 10 rounds it seems like the obvious choice for me. Is there a +0 floorplate for the factory mag that is good to go?

Thanks!
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I'm looking at getting a 26.5 as my carry pistol here in CT. Being restricted to 10 rounds it seems like the obvious choice for me. Is there a +0 floorplate for the factory mag that is good to go?

Thanks!
    I have a Pearce on one that is marked as being meant for a Gen 4. Works fine (hundreds of rounds, was one that I used in my 2k round test) in my Gen 3. I don’t know if they made any changes to the mags for Gen 5 that would make any of the old gen mags and floorplates incompatible (besides the old mags with only one side cut for the magazine catch not being lefty conversion compatible).

Thanks!
    This one is their smallest option and works well. I’ve used these before, I just prefer the flat base plate. If I went back to using an extension it would be this one.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26

Thanks for the replies! For some reason I never really put much thought into the 26 as a viable EDC option. Got a screaming deal on one locally so it was hard to say no, tossing on a few extensions seems like a no brainer.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Thanks!
    I’m a huge fan of GeePlates - my 26 (and 33, and 43) wears them.

This one is their smallest option and works well. I’ve used these before, I just prefer the flat base plate. If I went back to using an extension it would be this one.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-26
    I used these for years on a Glock 26 2.6 that I owned. Sold them off with the gun. Does anyone know if these smaller pearler grip +0 floor plates work with the gen 5 26's?

Well.. I said I was happy with my Gen 4’s and I wasn’t going to do it, but..

I just picked up my Gen 5 Glock 26 today! Upon inspection, I noticed a big, proud “USA” on the slide. I had no idea there was a mix of USA and Austria made slides on the market.

I will be putting my favorite Ameriglo sights and a Gadget on it tonight and plan to put about 500 rounds through it this weekend. I didn’t think it would be a big deal, but so far I am really liking the grip without the finger grooves.

The other pleasant surprise is the trigger, wow! It is very smooth and “rolls” until a crisp break; there’s basically no wall right before the break any more.

Did anyone else pick up a Gen 5 Glock 26 yet or plan to?

Attachment 28167
    Yes I just picked one up yesterday. I love no finger grooves and I think the gen 5 triggers are great. Now to get my sights changed and all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m a huge fan of GeePlates - my 26 (and 33, and 43) wears them.
    +1

User Tag List