Page 18 of 189 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Looks like the grey still has the cut out (fine with me but not others) and no fcs (same). Guess they weren’t changing out the cut out after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you mean a cut-out at the front of the grip? None of the Gen 5 G26’s have a grip cut-out like the larger frames.

Yes. Sorry, I was referring to the Grey g19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Still rocking the G26.5... quick lunch range trip:

20 round group from 25 yards; Federal HST 147gr.

Name:  0A9BB194-07BA-4C0D-90C1-709EE5783ACB.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  44.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Still rocking the G26.5... quick lunch range trip:

20 round group from 25 yards; Federal HST 147gr.

Name:  0A9BB194-07BA-4C0D-90C1-709EE5783ACB.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  44.4 KB
    Excellent. How does it do with different types of ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Excellent. How does it do with different types of ammo?
    Really well, I shoot mostly Wolf steel through another G26.5 and it is just as accurate.

Moved the rear sight a hair to the right.. played with the POA a little until dialed in w/ 147gr HST.

Name:  A41AE209-6AF0-40A5-ABC0-F030E4E1AB23.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  29.2 KB

GAP,

I have followed this thread from the start and have not commented on it until now. I am in TOTAL agreement with your assessment on the differences with the 43X and 26. I have a 43X and had a gen4 G26 and sold the 26 due to wanting something smaller/thinner. However you make a great point that the recoil was softer with the 26, just a fatter gun. I am thinking of really snagging a gen5 26 since you have been posting about yours with such great results. I am an officer and carried the 26 as a backup on duty and loved that it went great with my issued duty gen4 19 but sadly sold it to get something else. I am seriously thinking of selling my X model to acquire another 26, being the new gen5. I have recently bought a 19X and a 45 and really love those guns and was thinking that another 26 would be a great addition again. You have pretty much made up my mind with your results you have been getting.

Thanks for keeping this post going as this is why I am a member so I can see what you guys are getting out of your guns. More to come from this gun toter...

I haven't made the move to do so yet, but my next purchase will probably be a Blue Label Gen5 G26 to back up or replace my near 25 year old Gen 2.5

It has been carried far more than any other single handgun since I purchased it to complement my Gen2 G19.

The G26, for me, does everything well and fits numerous roles...as primary, back up, or LEOSA firearm for 10 round states when traveling. I can't imagine being without one. Especially since it can take any of my many other Glock 9mm magazines up to and including the 33 rounders.
    Last edited by blues; 12-06-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    GAP,

I have followed this thread from the start and have not commented on it until now. I am in TOTAL agreement with your assessment on the differences with the 43X and 26. I have a 43X and had a gen4 G26 and sold the 26 due to wanting something smaller/thinner. However you make a great point that the recoil was softer with the 26, just a fatter gun. I am thinking of really snagging a gen5 26 since you have been posting about yours with such great results. I am an officer and carried the 26 as a backup on duty and loved that it went great with my issued duty gen4 19 but sadly sold it to get something else. I am seriously thinking of selling my X model to acquire another 26, being the new gen5. I have recently bought a 19X and a 45 and really love those guns and was thinking that another 26 would be a great addition again. You have pretty much made up my mind with your results you have been getting.

Thanks for keeping this post going as this is why I am a member so I can see what you guys are getting out of your guns. More to come from this gun toter...
    Wow, that is really great feedback. I am happy to hear that my results can positively influence your decision. The G26.5 is really a fantastic shooter and I do see it as a legitimate upgrade to the Gen 4. I am not sure how you feel about the two-finger grip? It helps me conceal the pistol all year which means I can consistently practice and carry the same way. I disagree with the folks who claim the thinner grip of the G43X/G48 is easier to conceal. If you do need an extension, the only one I cared for was the Pearce PG-26 because it has the smallest footprint.

Below are the exact night sights I use on all my Glock 26s. They shoot right on the dot, if that is the POA/POI you also prefer.

Ameriglo Orange Proglo Front .180 height/.125 width; I am not sure if these are available, I am only seeing .140 width.

Ameriglo Operator Rear GL-146R

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I haven't made the move to do so yet, but my next purchase will probably be a Blue Label Gen5 G26 to back up or replace my near 25 year old Gen 2.5

It has been carried far more than any other single handgun since I purchased it to complement my Gen2 G19.

The G26, for me, does everything well and fits numerous roles...as primary, back up, or LEOSA firearm for 10 round states when traveling. I can't imagine being without one. Especially since it can take any of my many other Glock 9mm magazines up to and including the 33 rounders.
    I’ll chime in here again-have a Gen5 26, and carry it quite often as a primary. Some very “real world” experienced folks have commented that forced to make a choice, the 26 would be it, because of magazine versatility. When carrying as a primary, I use the + base plate, and a 17 or 19’mag as a spare.
    I have a 43, and it fills a niche, but the Gen5 26 is a keeper for me. I do note a little better grouping during quals. The example I have has BOLD sights, and a nice trigger for a GLOCK.

User Tag List