Page 179 of 189 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1885

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

I'd read this before anything I have to add; but I really, really like these sights. I think they're my new goto...a slot that hasn't been filled since Warren/Sveginy's started getting a wee too small for me.

Name:  XS R3D.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  24.5 KB

@ Gun Mutt

Thanks for posting! Can't have too many options when it comes to sights. I'll check those out.

So, I like the Glock BOLD sights that were installed at the factory. I have an early G26 that I really like. I’ll post elsewhere, but I had a short session at lunch with a local delicatessen manager who wanted a refresher on the Glock 17. All went well, and that’s a good thing in these evil times.
    At sessions end, I did a 5 yard Roundup with the 26 on the new Hearne/Edwards “angry face” target which has a B8 on the other side-
    98 points, no OT. The thing I noted is that these particular sights are “drive the dot”, which I think transfers to dot shooting somewhat.
    As I ease into my 70s, I think the 26 will be one of my main guns. I’m saving my pennies for an MOS!

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I’m looking for sights for my new 26 and my searchfu isn’t great this morning. What set and size should I get if I want an XD style orange front that hits top of the sight? Carry ammo is usually 135 Critical Duty. XD HRs look really good but I seem to remember being told that the rear is still very sharp.
    I prefer to make my own version of the Trooper set, using a .125 front instead of the .140:

Front: https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-212t-200-orc

Rear: https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-875r

Name:  IMG_0863.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  22.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0865.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0866.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  14.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I prefer to make my own version of the Trooper set, using a .125 front instead of the .140:
    Does this give you a point of impact at the tip of the front sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Does this give you a point of impact at the tip of the front sight?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since she is limited to shooting one hand due to her injury, my wife had me set up her G26, sight it in and confirm reliability. I have a few hundred rounds through it without issue, and it is zeroed with 124+ P Gold Dot. EPS full size with 6 moa dot, DPP MOS plate, XS conventional sights as BUIS with .215 front, Apex trigger, slightly extended OEM mag release, 5 pound striker spring.
    IMO, @GJM (thank you good sir!) pretty much put together a right proper package for the G26.5, so I largely copied it. EPS 6MOA, SCD, C&H plate, XS Minimalist sights. BTW, the XS rear sight went right in with my sight pusher; no "trimming" needed. Got a grade of "Wow. Excellent." from me. They are on the lower edge of the RDS' window, which I like. If your preference is to be able to view the entire front dot, a taller set might work better for you.

Leaving trigger stock for a while to see it it lightens any. Smooth as is, just a bit heavy. Apex if needed.

Waiting on the Glock-tite to dry, and off to the range for zeroing.

I recently acquired a G26.5 for the sole purpose of shooting it in GSSF Subcompact division. Shot it for the very first time this weekend. Literally, first shot was on the clock at a match.

I shot 5 divisions and shot my G17.5 in Ameteur-Civilian and shot the 26 next. I shot my first string, and had some thoughts I just couldn't believe it, so I discarded them. Next string made these thoughts unforgettable. The little baby Glock is softer and easier to shoot that its full size brother. What kind of crazy voodoo magic did they do with the G26.5? I was shooting Norma factory 115 ball in both guns, shot back to back and I can't explain what I felt.

5 to Glock: within one second on penalties. I had 3 seconds of penalties on the 26 vs, 2 seconds on on the 17. Raw time was actually faster on CIV, but close. 0.64 seconds different.

Glock M: Shot the stage with the 26 clean, I had one +1 hit on 17. Raw time was 3 seconds faster on the 17

Plates: Not even close, I smoked myself. 4.45 seconds faster with the 26. I guess I had makeup shots in CIV on this stage, but I don’t remember them. I distinctly remember going 6 for 6 for the four runs on the plates with the 26.

Both guns have new Glock performance triggers in them and good sights. Dawson. Running the finger extension on the 26 mags (not +1, just extension). Both guns also have Talon grips too. What the actual hell?

My initial range session showed some promise - 252 rounds downrange without a real hitch, though the gun did not lock back on two occasions. I’m trying to identify whether that is a grip issue or something else. I shot a 97 freestyle on a B8 while confirming zero at 25 yards, so the thing is plenty accurate for me. I did well on my baseline drills and tests. However, I have an IDPA match and a training event scheduled this month to continue wringing things out.

Site Supporter
    I shot a 300/300 on the FLETC PPC qual (believe me, that doesn’t mean I’m very good at this) with the G26 Mod 1. The first time I had gone out with it, I hadn’t yet figured out that the sights are set up for a 6 o’clock hold. This time, I cleaned plate racks at 25 yards that had given me trouble before. Nice to know it was the sights!

User Tag List