Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I'm not saying this is wrong, but I'm curious if there are testing results out there for the G26 or G43x with lights mounted? I.e. is the FBI prohibition you mention due to negative findings, or the fact that the guns have not yet been vetted with the possible lights?

I would think Glock would at least do some testing before adding a rail to the 43x, considering the initial Gen 4 wml problems. And it would be surprising if the 43x could handle it but not the g26, which is way closer to the full size guns.
    There is such testing with the 43x. Negative findings. The Slimline guns all operate off the G 43 RSA and have a limited window of reliability. They are less tolerant of optics and things hanging off the dust cover. This is nothing unique to the 43X. The Gen 3 Glock 22 was notorious for choking with WMLs added.

I’m not aware of any such testing with the G26.

Glock, like all gun companies exist to make money, not guns. If people want it, they will make it.

Despite claims are “perfection” Glock, his head many issues over the years. Failing the DEA drop testing in the early 90s which resulted in the voluntary upgrade program from black internals to the current silver internals.; reliability problems with NYPD’s GEN 2 G19s severe enough that clock set up a machine shop at the NYPD range to modify slides and extractors on thousands of NYPD G19s; and all the issues with Gen 3 G22s and WML.

Since she is limited to shooting one hand due to her injury, my wife had me set up her G26, sight it in and confirm reliability. I have a few hundred rounds through it without issue, and it is zeroed with 124+ P Gold Dot. EPS full size with 6 moa dot, DPP MOS plate, XS conventional sights as BUIS with .215 front, Apex trigger, slightly extended OEM mag release, 5 pound striker spring.

Name:  IMG_5042.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  69.2 KB

Here is the last array I shot with it.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We have a few earlier G5 26 pistols with iron sights, without forward serrations and the breach face cut. They might be good candidates to send to Maple Leaf for milling, but I wonder if they are less reliable than the later pistols with the breach face cut?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We have a few earlier G5 26 pistols with iron sights, without forward serrations and the breach face cut. They might be good candidates to send to Maple Leaf for milling, but I wonder if they are less reliable than the later pistols with the breach face cut?
    FWIW, it has been my experience over two decades with 26s that all generations are reliable with factory ammo. The breech face cut gets one some vigorous and perhaps more consistent ejection, but I haven't seen malfunctions/stoppages. This is from observing scores of G26s in competition and quals.
    YMMV, and it's your money, but if I had an earlier spare slide and wanted to direct mill it, it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Edit to add: I just looked at my personal Gen5 26(an early one). It doesn't have the cut-thought it did because of good ejection-but I don't recall a malfunction in all the years I've shot it...
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 09-27-2023 at 09:10 AM.

It has taken around 5 years but I have just about came full circle with regards to the G26. I had one as my EDC until my wife got into CC. She started with a G43 but when her range sessions eventually surpassed 2 mags, she found the 43 quite unpleasant. I let her try my G26 and the rest was history. I tried the 43, then the Shield 1.0, and P365X…none of which could I run as well as a G26. The Shield was the closest but I wanted more than 8 rounds. I “settled” for a M&P 2.0 Compact with a 3.6” barrel as it has virtually the same silhouette as the G26 with +2 base pads.

I like the M&P but I cannot make it smaller which sucks sometimes. I have found myself lately considering picking up a Shield Plus but it doesn’t offer magazine compatibility. The G26 would for both myself and the Mrs. This really stood out last month for our family beach trip when I took a couple extra mags and she only had what was in her gun.

The G26, as previously mentioned, is very scalable with multiple mag options that can fit into different scenarios/attire for me without having different guns relegated to seasons/attire/etc. Combine that with a thicker grip which my XL hands seem to appreciate over a thinner yet longer grip and it seems like a win-win in my book. Lastly, seeing some police trade in G26.5’s with Ameriglo Bolds going for just under $450 I believe is an omen.

I’m looking for sights for my new 26 and my searchfu isn’t great this morning. What set and size should I get if I want an XD style orange front that hits top of the sight? Carry ammo is usually 135 Critical Duty. XD HRs look really good but I seem to remember being told that the rear is still very sharp.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I’m looking for sights for my new 26 and my searchfu isn’t great this morning. What set and size should I get if I want an XD style orange front that hits top of the sight? Carry ammo is usually 135 Critical Duty. XD HRs look really good but I seem to remember being told that the rear is still very sharp.
    https://www.amazon.com/Glock-47284-n.../dp/B07DWC23D1

https://store.glock.us/glock-bold-si...y-ameriglo-pkg

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I don't have a gen5 - but I have always used standard height (.165) ameriglo fronts with the the Glock large frame (45/10mm/etc.) rear to get top of the sight poa/poi. I am not sure if you can do the same thing with the new Gen5???

Will they work on the Gen 5, or will they hang over the back of the slide?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List