Page 169 of 189 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A 26 MOS with an EPS (full size, 6 moa) and .240 height Ameriglo BUIS would get my award for perhaps the most capable small pistol in existence.
    I am admittedly not the best shooter in the world, but after having not shot any of may carry guns since March or April... I went to the range recently, and shot my most often carried G19/3.25moa RMR first, keeping 7/10 in the black of a B8 @ 25 yards. I then took out my G26/6.5moa RMR and shot ten rounds with it, posting the same 7/10 rounds in the black with that gun. Shots were fired at a fairly slow pace with both guns, but full ten round strings, with a max split of maybe half a second. Acceptable performance for me, for my first 20 rounds at the range, cold and rusty.

I was actually surprised I shot the 26 that well at 25 yards. At longer range, I have to concentrate on my grip a bit more with the 26. Basically, the two guns are almost interchangeable to me. Especially as the distance to the target drops. I'm sure I am marginally faster on splits with the 19, but probably not enough to matter in a defensive context. Adding something like a Pearce pinky extension, or a factory +2 with some 3M grip tape gives me almost a "bobbed" G19, grip wise.

All in all, not bad for being super rusty. I practice some grip and manipulations, and dryfire at home quite often, but life got in the way the last few months, so I hadn't fired a gun beyond a single 50 round plinking session with my suppressed Buckmark maybe a month ago.

I'm glad I RMR'd a 26.5. I'm not sure if I'll bother with a MOS 26 at this point, unless a deal falls into my lap. That said, I'd have zero qualms with sticking a FCD plate and an RMR on an MOS 26.5. I have been tempted to send my other 19.5 off somewhere, have it milled, and sell off my 19 MOS. If I do that, I may get a 6.5 MOA RMR, or one of the new Trijicon optics if they pan out.

I’ve shot a 26 and 19 just recently, too.

@WDR: first, good that you are shooting! To perhaps give you some perspective, there are many LE personnel who could not do what you did with their duty weapons.
    Coincidentally, I shot my iron sight G26 and a 19MOS w/ACRO this afternoon on the “Double-Add1” Dyal drill. I was a point higher with the 26 than with the 19(!), and it just proves to me what a great little gun the 26 is. When the MOS 26 is available, I’ll be seeking one.
    After all, such luminaries as @GJM and Blues can’t be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    After all, such luminaries as @GJM and Blues can’t be wrong!

I just locked up my wallet.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just locked up my wallet.

Why would you do that, when you have a 26?

Why would you do that, when you have a 26?

I have two of 'em.

(But the wallet isn't coming out of the safe until you log off. LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have two of 'em.

(But the wallet isn't coming out of the safe until you log off. LOL)
    Well, as the Aussies say, “good on ya, mate”- one is none and two is one and all that…

But how will you open the safe with a 26 in each hand, and then pick up your wallet …?

Give me two steps as the old song says-have a good night!

Well, as the Aussies say, “good on ya, mate”- one is none and two is one and all that…

But how will you open the safe with a 26 in each hand, and then pick up your wallet …?

Give me two steps as the old song says-have a good night!

Skynyrd! Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A 26 MOS with an EPS (full size, 6 moa) and .240 height Ameriglo BUIS would get my award for perhaps the most capable small pistol in existence.
    I’ve been carrying this for everything but warrants for the past 7 months and I’m in agreement with you. Night Fission sights, not Ameriglo.

Name:  IMG_2007.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  60.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    I’ve been carrying this for everything but warrants for the past 7 months and I’m in agreement with you. Night Fission sights, not Ameriglo.

Name:  IMG_2007.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  60.3 KB
    The MagPul mag is working ok for you? I thought they were no go with Gen5s.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The MagPul mag is working ok for you? I thought they were no go with Gen5s.
    No issues with them so far. The 12rd mags are all I shoot with in this gun for the most part. I stopped using all other Magpul Glock mags, but the G26 ones fit my hand perfectly and don’t ever pinch my pinkie like every other G26 extension I’ve tried.

User Tag List