Page 157 of 189 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've got shipping notifications for a JM kydex & a Sparks leather in the last 2 days, I'm clocking every vehicle that even might have a package in it for me!
    Mine won't be here, (JMCK), before Monday, earliest, and maybe a day or two later. But, I'll tough it out.

Still excited though. Maybe I'll put some grip tape on the holster.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I may give the fiber set a whirl.
    I ordered the fiber set from CHPWS... and a Speed Feed in both G19 and G17/34 size to try out, now that they are down to realistic price point. I doubt they'll make a Speed Feed for the G26 size guns, but I almost wish they would. Lack of a lanyard hole probably complicates that.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Lack of a lanyard hole probably complicates that.
    I guess so. I have a Pearce Plug on mine and it just slips in. I don't know how the frame retains the plug but so far, it has held. I'm not so sure if it will continue to hold after a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I guess so. I have a Pearce Plug on mine and it just slips in. I don't know how the frame retains the plug but so far, it has held. I'm not so sure if it will continue to hold after a year or so.
    I put a very small dab of @JCN's favorite stuff, E6000, on the Glockmeister plug I stuck in my 26.5 frame after it started backing out during a range trip. I suspect I could force it out easily, but it hasn't budged since.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My experiment with direct milled RDS and no backup irons on three subcompact Glocks is over (a 26.5 with a RMRcc, a 43 with a RMRcc and a 27.5 with a RMR.) I started getting squishy about being unable to verify that the dot hadn’t moved. instead of milling for forward position rear sights and refinishing, I have PMM IRDS rears for all three now and took a crack at ordering a Dawson front for the 26 to start.

One nice thing is that it seems this way allows for a slightly lower front sight than MOS, after laser boresighting and moving the sight back and forth a 0.300” seems to be right for each. I’ll shoot it to be sure, and then order two more if it is right.

Attachment 97422
    How is the Dawson you ordered for the 26? Which height is correct to use with the PMM IRDS?

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    How is the Dawson you ordered for the 26? Which height is correct to use with the PMM IRDS?
    I ended up using 0.300 tall by 0.125 wide sights on all three. I’m not sure if the deck of my Battle Werx cuts are a common height, though.

I still think someone needs to make a plastic front sight that is overly tall, with the idea that you can easily file it down at the range to determine the best height for a permanent replacement.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I ended up using 0.300 tall by 0.125 wide sights on all three. I’m not sure if the deck of my Battle Werx cuts are a common height, though.

I still think someone needs to make a plastic front sight that is overly tall, with the idea that you can easily file it down at the range to determine the best height for a permanent replacement.
    That’s a great idea. I was curious what you found through your trials. I remember having to buy a few different height fronts to find the POA/POI I preferred with 147gr HST.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    That’s a great idea. I was curious what you found through your trials. I remember having to buy a few different height fronts to find the POA/POI I preferred with 147gr HST.
    I did it in a way that made sense to me, and I lucked out. I used my zeroed dot and a micrometer plus eyeball to project the front sight height.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

10-8 used to offer exactly that. I'm 99% sure it was them. I just checked their site and cannot find it now however.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    10-8 used to offer exactly that. I'm 99% sure it was them. I just checked their site and cannot find it now however.
    It was 10-8. I don't think they've made them in a few years.

User Tag List